Hellcat F6F-3 and 5

Spec7

I recently picked up the Aires full detail set half price on ebay for the Hasa F6F-5 however i have been unable to find that kit and bought an F6F-3  instead. As far as i can tell the difference is in the engine cowling and the cockpit canopy ?

As i will cut the whole front end off anyway and fit the F5 engine do i just need an F5 canopy or are there other issues ? if i do its a FAA Hellcat Mk2 would that further complicate things ?

At least now i know why the detail set was half price 🙂

On 6/27/2020 at 3:14 PM, Spec7 said:

I recently picked up the Aires full detail set half price on ebay for the Hasa F6F-5 however i have been unable to find that kit and bought an F6F-3  instead. As far as i can tell the difference is in the engine cowling and the cockpit canopy ?

As i will cut the whole front end off anyway and fit the F5 engine do i just need an F5 canopy or are there other issues ? if i do its a FAA Hellcat Mk2 would that further complicate things ?

At least now i know why the detail set was half price 🙂

Which scale are you talking? The 1:32 Hasegawa Hellcat can be done as a -3 or a -5

Sorry should have said 1:48, i didn't realise they did a detail set for 1:32.

It looks like as i will be cutting the front off  forward of the cokpit anyway its just the canopy thats different 

15 hours ago, Spec7 said:

its just the canopy thats different 

ALL the Eduard 1/48th Hellcat kits come with both types of canopy,   so that maybe a source.  Ask in the wanted section when you start this one. 06.JPG