1949 Mercury 'Communication Breakdown'

My latest completion and I must admit I am a bit chuffed with it :)

Revell 1949 Mercury that I was originally going to do a replica of the Badlands film car. However after a coat of black it looked a bit dull, so I re-thought it and decided to do a rust rod. Painted with MIG rust tones/hairspray/grey/varnish/hairspray/green/varnish to get the result.  I then had a rush of blood to the head and thought lighting would be a good idea, so got some LED 's from Smallscalelights.co.uk which were great (and the service was excellent).  Base and wall are scratchbuilt as is the street lamp (with LED), and the phone booth is a Doozy item from AK in Spain.

Probably not immediately obvious, and a bit anal I know, but all the posters, newspapers and licence plate are all from 1972 :)  The year the Badlands film came out.

spacer.png 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 21

10 minutes ago, JCH said:

SOOOO cool.  Did you chop it?  It just needs exhaust fume emitting the tail pipes!

Thanks 👍. I didn't chop it, that is how it comes as a kit thankfully. 

BEAUTIFUL  model with OUTSTANDING scratch built... EXEMPLARY vignette with the small touches like the  Joan Baez poster etc makes it look quite realistic!

:wow:

AWESOME build indeed and your photography  are Top NOTCH. 

:worthy:

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all your great and much appreciated comments 😊😊

I must admit that after years of building various types of scale models I have found a genre that I find the most satisfying, enjoyable and challenging, so more of these to come I think 😊🤔