Fury colours

RODH2

7 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Dang! I forgot I had that book tucked away in what passes as my reference library.

Chris

Wait! I messed up. I don't have On Silver Wings. I have this softcover, by our own @Mike Starmer and Peter Freeman.

50066672128_d6bc498f51_c.jpg

50066672163_ca93f8b1e6_b.jpg

Chris

I'm liking this interpretation of K1930, I will now paint my red wheel covers and prop spinner yellow!! Still wondering about checks on the tail-planes!  🙂

OK. Warpaint 116 Hawker Fury and Nimrod.
On Page 9 a drawing of K1930 marked with black and white checks on the rudder AND black and white checks on the fuselage. According to the caption the Squadron commanders aircraft. Other drawing on this page just black checks only on fuselage - no white checks.

On page 23 are some interesting photo's. 1st a formation photo of 6 Furies, led by (presumably) K1930, which shows only black checks on both the fuselage and the tail - which would indicate that the drawing on page 9 is wrong. Also on this page the same photo as in the MMP publication, showing what might be (Iám not 100% convinced) black and white chechecks on the fuselage and black only checks on the upper wings. According to the caption a flight commander's aircraft with a ble tail. All other 43 Squadron aircraft in this book appear to have black checks only.

Peter

• Like 1