Hurricane Trio - Arma and Airfix 1/72

Finishing is good, gives a sense if achievement. Oddly I think it gives me separation anxiety if I’ve put a lot of hours into the build :).  

But I do like to keep many builds on the go ( although probably a few too many atm but I’m working on that) mostly because I can do different things at different times use sometimes I’ll favour a bit of fabrication ( @CedB ? ) other times painting or just assembling so I have builds at various stages and if various complexity, even the odd piece of armour ( just an M3 atm)

That said I’ve finished at least ten builds so far this year ( possibly more as I did rattle off a lot of Airfix classic AFV kits earlier in the year) just did a quick tally and it’s eighteen so far this year. Six Airfix 1/76 tanks, two Tamiya 1/35 tanks., one scratchbuilt 1/72 tank. Nine airplanes. Wow more than I thought, probably down to COVID and being made redundant in February.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, hendie said:

aren't you already stuck?

Glad to see you're making some progress on this Ced - and glad to hear Molly's on the mend (again)

Thanks hendie :) I think, this morning, I'm more sticky than stuck (oooer) - if this continues I'm hoping to stick something later!

14 hours ago, bbudde said:

Hello Ced. Yep sometimes it's better to finish one after another. Saves the mojo, I think. I have several ones here openend and   partially near finished and some of them were painted for more than one year ago as I try  and have to do the paint jobs outside on my balcony with reasonable weather conditions.  But the dark season will rip my mojo more again now and to avoid a winter blues I like to enjoy the sunny autuum/winter days outside instead of modelling inside. Corona this year also influenced my/the general feelings you usually  have in spring then. Sadly, but not letting it to get me down here.

Cheers Benedikt

Good idea Ben, although I would have a problem when they all got to the stage I don't want to do.

Trouble is, that stage varies with my mood :hmmm:

13 hours ago, Martian said:

Well, the fnaar is definitely a step in the right direction.

Encouraged of Mars 👽

Thanks Martian :D 

1 hour ago, Marklo said:

Finishing is good, gives a sense if achievement. Oddly I think it gives me separation anxiety if I’ve put a lot of hours into the build :).  

But I do like to keep many builds on the go ( although probably a few too many atm but I’m working on that) mostly because I can do different things at different times use sometimes I’ll favour a bit of fabrication ( @CedB ? ) other times painting or just assembling so I have builds at various stages and if various complexity, even the odd piece of armour ( just an M3 atm)

That said I’ve finished at least ten builds so far this year ( possibly more as I did rattle off a lot of Airfix classic AFV kits earlier in the year) just did a quick tally and it’s eighteen so far this year. Six Airfix 1/76 tanks, two Tamiya 1/35 tanks., one scratchbuilt 1/72 tank. Nine airplanes. Wow more than I thought, probably down to COVID and being made redundant in February.

Strange isn't it Mark how the hobby can sometimes help with the mood and sometimes not. Weird times indeed :) 

Another side done:

50358650681_5682467aae_z.jpg

Why does that final 'R' look wobbly in the photos?

It's not, honest.

I checked it.

Twice.

Out for coffee at friends now. Definitely out.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, CedB said:

Strange isn't it Mark how the hobby can sometimes help with the mood and sometimes not. Weird times indeed :) 

Very true ( not withstanding, diy, chores and bickering with my nearest and dearest (s)) model making gives me a focus . I also suffer from ME and Diabetes and I find ( when I’m up to it) a good session at the bench distracts me from my many (albeit minor) aches and pains.  But yes there are days when I no more feel like model making.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CedB said:

Why does that final 'R' look wobbly in the photos?

Nothing wrong with it, apart from the perspicacity thing that @Marklo said, a coat of matt will see it straighten up a treat. Its noted for killing the preception stuff stone dead. ;) :D

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks Mark and Steve :) 

A quick mojo burst:

50359576776_f2a8110c62_z.jpg

Switch to DecalFix for the Airfix transfers, just because I have it and it seems to work well with them:

50359739272_dafa088d6c_z.jpg

• Like 23

4 hours ago, CedB said:

Thanks Mark and Steve :) 

A quick mojo burst:

50359576776_f2a8110c62_z.jpg

Switch to DecalFix for the Airfix transfers, just because I have it and it seems to work well with them:

Looking great, Ced!

Reallyglad to see the mojo is returning - the Hurris are looking fab, and as everyone has said, the 'R' is absolutely fine :)

Not much progress with my two recently, so feeling quite jealous!

Kind regards,

Mark

• Thanks 1

They are really a great job Ced.

I need my mojo back.  Got several review kits to build and they are keeping me from any "fun" projects.  Plus I am having trouble with 2 kits on the go at the same time.  True they are a 48th scale P-38 and B-17 and I normally build 72nd but that can't be the reason, can it?

finish one and move on to the next is a great plan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/19/2020 at 3:40 PM, CedB said:

A quick mojo burst:

I’m loving the mojo burst Ced.🤗 Both hurries looking brilliant and that decal is fine. 🤩👌

Not wanting time be the pointer outer but are you planning on painting the wheels afterward? Forgive me if you have covered this in an earlier post. My head is all out of sorts with so many builds going on. 🤪

hope you had a grand afternoon out.

Johnny

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 19/09/2020 at 15:45, Brandy said:

Getting there! Looks like the nearest one has the sunroof open!

Ian

MkIC - C for Cabriolet. Nah, doesn't work does it? :D

On 19/09/2020 at 18:35, AliGauld said:

Those are looking really good.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Alistair, kind of you :) 

On 19/09/2020 at 19:15, Martian said:

This is altogether better! Double entendres and plastic worrying, my cup runneth over!

Overwhelmed of Mars 👽

:rofl2:

I am returning to (a new) normal I think Martian.

Watch that cup though - you don't want to have to explain any embarrassing wet patches :wicked:

On 19/09/2020 at 19:45, giemme said:

Ah, good to see some progress on the most hated modelling task (to me, that is :) )

Ciao 

Thanks Giorgio :) It's stencils isn't it… hate 'em.

I've just quite enjoyed the last few big ones on the Airfix - went on beautifully with DecalFix.

On 19/09/2020 at 20:34, 2996 Victor said:

Looking great, Ced!

Reallyglad to see the mojo is returning - the Hurris are looking fab, and as everyone has said, the 'R' is absolutely fine :)

Not much progress with my two recently, so feeling quite jealous!

Kind regards,

Mark

Thanks Mark :) I feel as though the mojo is returning, albeit slowly.

On 19/09/2020 at 20:54, philp said:

They are really a great job Ced.

I need my mojo back.  Got several review kits to build and they are keeping me from any "fun" projects.  Plus I am having trouble with 2 kits on the go at the same time.  True they are a 48th scale P-38 and B-17 and I normally build 72nd but that can't be the reason, can it?

finish one and move on to the next is a great plan.

Awww thanks Phil :blush:

A 1:48 B-17? Good grief man, that must take some handling!

4 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

I’m loving the mojo burst Ced.🤗 Both hurries looking brilliant and that decal is fine. 🤩👌

Not wanting time be the pointer outer but are you planning on painting the wheels afterward? Forgive me if you have covered this in an earlier post. My head is all out of sorts with so many builds going on. 🤪

hope you had a grand afternoon out.

Johnny

Thanks Johnny :) 

Yep, the wheels will get painted soon - I'm too lazy to mask them TBH.

(Note to self - paint the wheels)

22 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Coming on nicely Ced!

K

Thanks Keith :) Nearly there.

Airfix transfer finished:

50370411748_6831261fb1_z.jpg

Still wet, but they're settling beautifully and are nice and matt.

Then there were three waiting for Airfix transfers to dry:

50371276792_fafb95d0c0_z.jpg

Glue sticky out bits on and pant them.

Touch ups.

Matt coat.

Soon.

Watched a great documentary on Sky History about allies in the BoB and it features some great interviews.

I think I'll watch it again and takes notes as I can't find it on YouTube :( 

• Like 19

“Battle of Britain 80: Allies” it’s called. 

Great interview with Michal Gladych where he explains how they were always outnumbered “which was pretty damn good because we didn’t have to look for a target very far”!  He got three 109s and, as he was lining up for a fourth, explains how “someone clobbered me from behind” and he lost air pressure to his guns. He was only 50’ behind “so I just rammed this [censored]”. He lost his prop, glided to the coast and crash landed 500 yards from Ramsgate Hospital. Unconscious, he was dug out and put in the morgue. Fortunately Matron McGuire found him on her daily morgue round and they patched him up. 

Heros, one and all. 

• Like 13

Glad to see some more action from you. Nice looking ones now. Won't comment too much about the Bob anniversary, except the fact I'm very glad you won it. For me their high command were totally insane, but could mesmerize too many here then. But when you have a liberated mind you will come to a conclusion soon: Who just choose his own butcher (with their own despotism)? Last sunday a whole district (16000 people) was evacuated here in search of 5 bombs. 2 were found and dismantled and of course not the last ones in the near future So, "reap what you sow" is alwyas ahead here. just to remember.

Cheers Benedikt

Edited by bbudde
  • Like 4

Thanks hendie and Ben - I'm back! :) 

Aerial posts and pitots fitted:

50382107398_703454f177_z.jpg

Exhausts given an iron base:

50382108123_0c2cee0926_z.jpg

Three posts, three aerial posts AND exhausts painted in one session?

The man's a machine.

Not.

• Like 16
  • Haha 2