Hurricane Trio - Arma and Airfix 1/72

Get well soon Ced! Luvvly Hurris👍🏻I’m really tempted by the Arma MK.I and may yet invest in one....

On the topic of Poles and Italians, there was a colony of both on the North Wales Llyn Peninsula - that’s the bit holding up Anglesey to the Irish Sea. There was I believe a Wellington OTU based in Pwllheli and post war the airfield became a Polish colony of expats. Further down the road between there and Caernarfon was an Italian PoW camp and as @Biggles87 pointed out many were sent out to the nearby farms and some married local girls and stayed postwar.

Back home in Liverpool, I remember a Polish corner shop near home in the 60’s and that was a cornucopia of exotic cured meats.

Trevor 

• Like 5

Thanks Heather and Ben for the kind wishes :) 

Thanks Mark, Don and John too and I certainly will be off to the Doc's if it's not cleared up tomorrow. It is a reflux / acid thing I've had before and Gaviscom seems to have helped this time.

I do keep a careful watch on it though - my Dad and his Dad both died of stomach cancer so I'm careful but not worried.

Thanks to hendie and Tony for the kind gifts :D Something to do while I'm resting up.

22 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

Get well soon Ced! Luvvly Hurris👍🏻I’m really tempted by the Arma MK.I and may yet invest in one....

On the topic of Poles and Italians, there was a colony of both on the North Wales Llyn Peninsula - that’s the bit holding up Anglesey to the Irish Sea. There was I believe a Wellington OTU based in Pwllheli and post war the airfield became a Polish colony of expats. Further down the road between there and Caernarfon was an Italian PoW camp and as @Biggles87 pointed out many were sent out to the nearby farms and some married local girls and stayed postwar.

Back home in Liverpool, I remember a Polish corner shop near home in the 60’s and that was a cornucopia of exotic cured meats.

Trevor 

Thanks Trevor :) I think you'll like the kit and thanks for the update on the Polish colonies.

Hendie's mojo helped a bit this morning and I got another done:

50169708772_97eed3a087_z.jpg

Just the Airfix now…

• Like 18

Oh Hell Ced. Hope you’re feeling a little better. Sounds awful. 😔

Sit on the sofa and watch a few Columbos. Right as rain in no time.

I have the same issue with Tamiya tape for curves. I find I have to spray almost right away. I use it sparingly these days but do what Giorgio does and use regular on one end to keep it down.

Take care.

Johnny.

ps. Lovely doggie pics. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some good advice there Ced, coming from a medical family (father a GP) we learnt being brave wasn't such a good idea at times, ask my almost burst appendix about that. :( You & Molly have got us all feeling protective now. :)

Take care.

Steve.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Glad you're on the mend Ced. I've had a hiatus hernia for about 30 years now, controlled by one prescription tablet a day - but if I forget to take one, boy do I suffer with absolutely  awful acid reflux the next day, so I empathise with your suffering.... :(

I like Johnny's suggestion of watching a few Columbos to aid recovery - fine idea!!

Keith

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/7/2020 at 10:41 AM, Heather Kay said:

I can understand your feelings. I wonder sometimes if kit manufacturers sometimes push the envelope too far with adding such microscopic detail where it’ll never be seen again. I get the idea of enjoying the process of building, but sometimes less is definitely more, especially at scales smaller than 1/48th.

If the trend of superdetailing bits from the box goes on like this, we'll have to start a thread in the modelling tips section, "Do I need an electronic microscope ... and how to use it". I prefer to just have nice plastic in the box and then get some more extras if I feel the need. That said I'm just done with an Eduard 1/72 Hellcat profipack ... had to try ... once.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hey, Ced. I fully understand the gut issue. Before I retired, I was chewing 2 or 3 Gaviscon per day. On a trip to the doctor, I mentioned it and he put me on a perscription. One pill per day when I get up. It works great. Now the only time I need an antacid is if I eat/drink at odd times. It also depends on what I eat/drink, too. But instead of 2 or 3 a day, it's now maybe 2 or 3 a year.

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Ced, you should try more "Kartoffeln" in any way. Ok,  I'm a "Kraut or Kartoffel ("Fritte" would be more or less CC :whistle:.; Hope you don't mind CC)" as some say, but I'm Just watching a doku here on Mdr about that with stomach problems. So, what about a baked potatoe with sour cream, Mashed potatoes with anything you like. No Pommes, too much oiled!  No alcohol also then. Sorry! Reflux is a beast and a insidious disease. So try to stop it for yourself!

https://www.mdr.de/nachrichten/ratgeber/gesundheit/hg-kartoffel-knolle-gesund-kartoffelwickel-entspannung-superfood-100.html

So, I hope I get some prejudices cleared so far!

Btw: I said I hate Sauerkraut. Yes I do with one exception and a"mildes Sauerkraut" (Yep, I can calll myself normal; I think😉). This one e.g.:

szegediner-gulasch.jpg

https://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/38551012919251/Szegediner-Gulasch.html

Ps.: I can't do without Currywurst mit Fritten Mayo at all CC. Cheers CC

and Cheers to Ced

Good night

Edited by bbudde
Stomach was'nt used too long instead of belly or body since....
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks Adrian, Johnny, Alistair, Steve, Martian, Keith, Pat, Chris, Cookie and Ben for all the kind wishes :) 

Feeling a lot better today - still taking it easy and not liking the heat (24º and 64% humidity in the man cave at the moment, and that's in the fan blast!)

I did manage to get the third Hurri masked before the perspiration from under the magnifier got in my eyes:

50173781687_2c6fb95539_z.jpg

First coat of camo soon.

• Like 16

Happy to hear you feel better. Before I retired I repeatedly doubled over in pain, mostly the intestines but also the stomach. Anxiety disorders or so it seemed.

Wishing you good health AND happy modelling. Thanks for giving us three Hurricanes at a time!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really glad to hear you're feeling a bit better, Ced! Keep up the good work on the health front - you and Mols must be comparing notes!

Looking forward to seeing the colour on the Hurris, but it's not great painting weather, is it? 

Take it easy!

Kind regards,

Mark

• Thanks 1

Glad to hear you're  recovering, Ced - and that you completed the masking on all three ACs :thumbsup:

24°C is the temperature in my basement, where my workbench is - considerably fresher than the 29 I have in my living room, don't know what are you complaining about.... :rofl:

Ciao 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Pat, Mark, Simon and Rose for the kind wishes :) 

Thanks too to Giorgio - 24°C in the basement! But I guess you're used to it eh? Too hot for me…

Before I go to bed I thought I'd check out the Arma templates in preparation for painting. Schemes for all three are the same pattern:

50174557391_47c48a47ac_z.jpg

Should make it easier?

I remember PC commenting that he wished the templates allowed you to mask the DE rather than DG and I thought 'The Spitfire patterns are a mirror of each other, so why not use the other masks?'. Because the Hurri patterns are NOT a mirror, that's why:

50174819942_09c2472ebf_n.jpg 50174820847_389861822e_n.jpg

Rats.

Not a problem as such but I have two tins of DE and only one of DG.

Time Jamie got another order, soonish I think.

• Like 10

I was thinking of doing a scan and print of my AML mask diagram, sizing it up to fit, then cut out the revelant parts to mask the DG sections.

50174703441_a52c97a4c8_b.jpg[/url]

Chris

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, johnd said:

I don't suppose you have a recipe for the currywurst sauce you'd be willing to share?

Maybe he'll be willing if we are several to show interest. Please, bbudde, enlighten us. There are French Belgian fries waiting ......

• Like 4

18 hours ago, johnd said:

I don't suppose you have a recipe for the currywurst sauce you'd be willing to share?

Hello Johnd, Pathecat. Of course I have. This is my favourite one and the base for all other curry sauces for currywurst, steaks, shashlik etc.. I like to vary the spices and their amount from time to time with the different meat.  Mostly I also use a bit of Curcuma, a tea spoon of honey, Cayenne pepper, (hot) chilly powder.  For the curry it's your choice as it's always a spice mixture. From the usual  supermarket mild one to the hot madras from the asia food store or you can mix it for yourself:

https://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/569521155631058/Currywurst.html

Cheers

Edited by bbudde
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3