Thunderbolt fudge up - Razorback schemes sought!

Tim R-T-C

Okay, so I done fudged up.

I got 3 aircraft's worth of the lovely Shelf Oddity decals in fascinating NMF P47 schemes from South America and Iran and I picked up 3 boxes of the Platz P47 Razorback to go with them.

Then when I sat down tonight to start a pair for IIAF schemes I got part way through construction before realising that the Iranian... and all the Latin Thunderbolts.... are bubbletops 😳

spacer.png

So does anyone know any cool, ideally post-war Razorback schemes I could try with my now 6 plane fleet?

Build pictures welcome 🙂

Kits World do a set with Razorback options - you are unlikely to find post-war schemes for Razorbacks. You may be able to adapt decals from this or the Printscale (bubbletop) sheet to fit a post-war picture (if you can find one).

https://www.ebay.com/p/1731468539

Congratulations - your P-47 fleet is nearly as large as mine!

Edit - Being on a P-47 roll at the moment, I looked for post-war razorbacks without success. I did find an article on why the P-47 was not used in Korea.

https://www.afhistory.org/wp-content/uploads/2003_fall2.pdf

It seems unlikely any were used much post-war.

• Like 2

Thanks for the links. @Ed Russell

Looking at the sheet you mentioned, they also do a set for four aircraft from the same squadron so I can put together a nice wartime diorama.

I did find a profile of a Razorback in Chinese service, some sources say 1944, some 47 so I'm going to put that together.

I'm going to need to order 6 of upcoming bubbletops on the Eduard rebagging for all the decals I have, so that should give me 12 overall!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2020 at 10:23 AM, Wulfman said:

Eduard bubble-tops in stock at Hannants. (How about an RAF razor-back?)

Wulfman

spacer.png

Already on it! Thanks Mr Hannant.

On 7/14/2020 at 9:16 AM, Blimpyboy said:

Bolivia?

182_1.jpg

Perfect! I'll have to find some decals to repurpose though...

On 7/14/2020 at 8:52 AM, Blimpyboy said:

國軍戡亂時接收之P-47戰鬥機(9)

Damn, wish I had seen this before. Might have to grab yet another Razorback to go with my olive model!

• 2 weeks later...