This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Tim R-T-C

Thunderbolt fudge up - Razorback schemes sought!

Okay, so I done fudged up.

I got 3 aircraft's worth of the lovely Shelf Oddity decals in fascinating NMF P47 schemes from South America and Iran and I picked up 3 boxes of the Platz P47 Razorback to go with them.

Then when I sat down tonight to start a pair for IIAF schemes I got part way through construction before realising that the Iranian... and all the Latin Thunderbolts.... are bubbletops 😳

spacer.png

So does anyone know any cool, ideally post-war Razorback schemes I could try with my now 6 plane fleet?

Build pictures welcome 🙂

Kits World do a set with Razorback options - you are unlikely to find post-war schemes for Razorbacks. You may be able to adapt decals from this or the Printscale (bubbletop) sheet to fit a post-war picture (if you can find one).

https://www.ebay.com/p/1731468539

Congratulations - your P-47 fleet is nearly as large as mine!

Edit - Being on a P-47 roll at the moment, I looked for post-war razorbacks without success. I did find an article on why the P-47 was not used in Korea.

https://www.afhistory.org/wp-content/uploads/2003_fall2.pdf

It seems unlikely any were used much post-war.

Thanks for the links. @Ed Russell

Looking at the sheet you mentioned, they also do a set for four aircraft from the same squadron so I can put together a nice wartime diorama.

I did find a profile of a Razorback in Chinese service, some sources say 1944, some 47 so I'm going to put that together.

I'm going to need to order 6 of upcoming bubbletops on the Eduard rebagging for all the decals I have, so that should give me 12 overall!

The Chinese model complete. Based on this unsourced profile using some spare decals. The prop is guesswork.

spacer.png

Here are some photos. They are of such poor quality that it is hard to see a colour demarcation but my money would be on Neutral Gray undersurfaces.

50082282886_8da29b6747_b.jpg