Paint names Revell Dingo

Dunderklumpen

Hello!

I have ordered the kit 03284 (Dingo 2 GE A2.3 PatSi) from Revell. When looking at the instructions I have a hard time finding out which paint I should be using for camo 2, the one used in Afghanistan (the lighter colors). 

Revell calls out for a mix of:

70% 314 + 30% 89

70% 361 + 30% 89

I’m planning on buying a camo-paint-mask for the kit, and that one calls out for “Africa brown” and “beige”. 

Can someone help me finding acrylic equivalents from Ammo, Vallejo or AK Interactive (or similar)? I don’t know what names to look for... I prefer to not use Tamiya acrylic if possible. 

Thanks!

I may have found the answer myself, after all. Sometimes it's really hard to find information on the internet, but both Ammo Mig and AK Interactive seem to have paint sets with the correct colours.

I'm now planning on buying one of these:

https://ak-interactive.com/product/bundeswehr-desert-camouflage-colors/

https://www.migjimenez.com/en/acrylic-colors/271--bundeswehr-afghanistan-scheme-smart-acrylic-set.html

Any thoughts on that?

Regards, Henrik

I just used my first AK paints on a recent aircraft build. The paints took some mixing and several coats to get good coverage using a brush. The lighter colours took more work than the dark. Maybe if you are spraying and have a good base coat you won't have the same problems.

I have never used Mig colours so far, but I've seen them used on builds here and they do seem to give good results 

Andy

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Foxbat said:

I just used my first AK paints on a recent aircraft build. The paints took some mixing and several coats to get good coverage using a brush. The lighter colours took more work than the dark. Maybe if you are spraying and have a good base coat you won't have the same problems.

I have never used Mig colours so far, but I've seen them used on builds here and they do seem to give good results 

Andy

Thank you for your input!

I ordered the set from Ammo Mig, actually. I use airbrush and have used Ammo Mig previously with good results. The set seemed reasonably with the "correct" colors in one set.

Since posting that, I've been looking for some paints as I have a couple of Leopards to do. Hataka do a set for Modern German Vehicles in both their red line (optimised for airbrush) and orange line (lacquers) that inludes the colours we both need. I've used Hataka blue line acrylics before and really like them so that may be an option you could look at.

Andy