Return of the Airfix Club

Mike

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I've got pictures of '2', it's no doubt about it. Unless they are figuring that '2' is just '302', or it could be the 2 in B5N2? 

I have just found a photo of a "green cross" Kate on the world war photos site which clearly shows a 2 on the rudder. It is not the same photo, or even the same Kate, as in the Bill Pippin owned photo.

Like many I am now ready to  redeem the Flying Hours vouchers I have been retaining for some time on the hope that the scheme would come back. looking for value for money I thought I work out which of the redemption groups gave best value. Assuming you take the top of the range we get

16 tokens get a series 2 kit costing £9.99which is 62p per token

30 tokens get a series 4 kit costing £18.99which is 63p per token

40 tokens get a series 6 kit costing £26.99which is 67p per token

60 tokens get a series 9 kit costing £38.99which is 64p per token

Therefore the best value is to use 40 tokens on a serie 6 kit. If you have  60 the best value is not to take a series 9 kit but 56 tokens get a series  2 7 6 kit costing £36.98 which is 66p per token

As loyalty programmes go this seems good value - better than Tesco Clubcard or Nector.

The main issue seems to be number of kits "out of stock" on the Airfix website the moment. All my possible first choices seem to be unavailable.

On 7/7/2020 at 1:01 PM, john224 said:

I think they have taken the scheme from "The Nakajima B5N Kate" by Dr M.F. Hawkins, Profile Publications Profile No. 141. There is an artists impression of this aircraft there, but I don't know if there are any pictures as I don't have this book.

Here it is  -  https://boxartden.com/reference/gallery/index.php/Modeling-References/Aircraft-Profiles/Japan/Nakajima-B5N-Kate-141  -  the whole Profile Collection plus several other series and much more are all available on the site.

• Like 2

On 18/07/2020 at 00:31, Ratch said:

Mine's been like that since the 6th

Any joy yet?  With mine, the 3-5 days are up, still in processing, and today's post has been. But there was a weekend in the way, which almost certainly wasn't supposed to count...........  Paul.

I'm sure there is an alternative communication method to find out what's happening... Why don't you ring them!?:idea:

(I had a call just before lunch from a young lady from Airfix, regarding my Flying Hours Passport, to take the £4.98 P&P payment which is in the process of being sent out. She's advised that they have closed their phone lines this afternoon, as they have been inundated with stuff and have closed the lines to catch up with work.)

3 hours ago, Paul Thompson said:

Any joy yet?  With mine, the 3-5 days are up, still in processing, and today's post has been. But there was a weekend in the way, which almost certainly wasn't supposed to count...........  Paul.

Hi @Paul Thompson had an e-mail today saying there had been a delay waiting for kits to arrive, and I should have delivery in the next 3 days - watch this space :waiting:

My pack arrived today
50148498397_174bcca430_z.jpg
Jez Brook's Artist and Kit List was included. A bit ironic as I certainly wasn't one of the first 1,000 and Jez had sent me a copy a week or so ago.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ratch said:

My pack arrived today

Jez Brook's Artist and Kit List was included. A bit ironic as I certainly wasn't one of the first 1,000 and Jez had sent me a copy a week or so ago.

Well, after a few more emails were exchanged yesterday I got a notification this morning that the physical goods were on the way, although I still can't access the Club area because although I can log in it won't recognise me as a member. The nice lady at customer services relinked my membership to my account and changed my password, but to no avail, so that has been passed on to their IT people or person. On the plus side, since it has been over 3 weeks since payment was taken, they've extended my membership by a month, so at least they are trying...............

Paul.

21 hours ago, Ratch said:

Jez Brook's Artist and Kit List was included. A bit ironic as I certainly wasn't one of the first 1,000 

9 hours ago, Paul Thompson said:

I still can't access the Club area because although I can log in it won't recognise me as a member. 

Paul.

Me Too on both counts. My membership is linked in my account but can't access it. I emailed then 2 weeks ago but still awaiting a response.

Cheers,

Alistair

18 minutes ago, AliGauld said:

Me Too on both counts. My membership is linked in my account but can't access it. I emailed then 2 weeks ago but still awaiting a response.

Cheers,

Alistair

I have to say I've had lots of response, very well meaning, just not effective regarding access. The package with the kit OTOH arrived this afternoon, about 18 hours after they said they'd shipped it.  I'm leaning towards the idea that they just didn't test the system well enough before it went live - you can still get through to the old club  home page because they haven't removed it, and clicking on any of the links there will give you a 404 error, i.e. they don't go anywhere anymore.  Perhaps the intended live page is still a work in progress and we're getting odd results there because most of the content is yet to be loaded. I give up for now. I'm happy with the kit, and will soon put together a Flying Hours order, which is the main reason for membership anyway unless they come up with some unusually good Club kit deals.

Paul.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi

To those people who posted above, is there any joy on being able to link your web account to your Club account?

I e-mailed Airfix on 04/08/20 and just received the automated response from them.

My welcome pack didn't contain my membership card either but that's no big deal really.

Regards

Tony

Edited by tonyh
Clarification...

5 minutes ago, tonyh said:

Hi

To those people who posted above, is there any joy on being able to link your web account to your Club account?

I e-mailed Airfix on 04/08/20 and just received the automated response from them.

My welcome pack didn't contain my membership card either but that's no big deal really.

Regards

Tony

I did that manually when this all started, it's simple enough on the face of it, and when I kept getting messages to the effect that I was not a member when clicking on the Club kit button they responded very quickly and reset it all themselves. All very nice, but it had no visible effect. I then asked them if this was simply due to there being no actual content on ther relevant pages yet and was told the representative didn't know because they couldn't see what I was seeing, and she'd pass me on to the IT department. A couple of weeks passed.............

.................oh, still here? Right, well then I contacted them through the page form and specified that this was an issue with the site. That was a week ago. Yesterday I got this, and I hope they don't mind my quoting it if they're watching, but it may help others. They said:

"

Currently, our members have had access to purchase the Club exclusive products, which includes our Tins.

We are not running any Club exclusive competitions as of right now but we will in the future, which you will be notified of via a newsletter and it will be the same when we release any future Club exclusive products.

Sorry for any confusion this has caused."

Maybe it's me, but I'm really no wiser. When logged in and clicking on Club kits I still get 'Club kits are only available to club members'.  And I really have no interest in buying a tin, nice thought the abbatoir is.......................

Paul.

• 3 weeks later...

The Airfix web-site still says "The Summer Edition of the Airfix Magazine is still scheduled for print and shipping as planned.". It was promised for September and there are only four days to go.. I don't use social media but is there any news about the magazine?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just looking on the Airfix web-site for updates on Club membership and the date of the next magazine. Nothing about the next issue but there is this:

"All members will receive a 2021 Calendar in December." not many days to go then!

and there is a series of books (some reissues) at club discount while stocks last, but all are only available on pre-order. One that is new to me is "Airfix HO/OO Scale Figures" by Peter Williams which would be of interest, but at £40 I think i will give it a miss.

On 12/18/2020 at 2:21 PM, Paul821 said:

"All members will receive a 2021 Calendar in December." not many days to go then!

Mine was delivered this morning ,perhaps  interesting if you are or know one of the modellers whose work features but the freebie with Airfix Model World Magazine a month or two back had better quality printing and paper.