Lovely morning at Coningsby

wallyinoz

Went back to Lincolnshire to exercise the cameras! It was a busy morning flying wise, must have been 15 birds up in clear blue skies. I went to a few different vantage points to get different angles on these Typhoons.
I noticed new squadron markings on a few Phoons and subsequenly found out they were 12 Squadron, a joint Qatari and RAF crewed unit to train pilots and groundcrew for the new aircraft Qatar are purchasing.
I had a great morning.. "well chuffed" as they say around here, no need to stay the whole day for some action. These are a small selection for your enjoyment (more in the photostream:
50046209453_ae86d4e0d4_h.jpg
50046773361_7be528fb97_h.jpg
50046210868_2665d0578e_h.jpg

• Like 22

Very nice and what a lovely day for it! Were there many photographers out and about at the fence line?

I see that the aircraft in the first image has a Qatari pilot's name painted on it. 

12 hours ago, Latinbear said:

Very nice and what a lovely day for it! Were there many photographers out and about at the fence line?

I see that the aircraft in the first image has a Qatari pilot's name painted on it. 

Hiya the carpark was full, and the overflow area further on and closer to the runway centre line had half a dozen cars in it. Quite a few photographers about  but plenty of space at the fence,  even with distancing

Cheers

Wal

• Like 1

Nice, I may have to take a wander up again. I used to go up for photography many times a year but in recent years I just haven't bothered as with the vast majority of the fleet just varying shades of worn grey it hasn't seemed worth the trip. I gather that at the moment there is just two marked for 12 Sqn. I also believe that the farmers earth mound at the 07 end on the South Western corner has been removed which means no more elevated views across that end. 

Gary

2 hours ago, gary1701 said:

Nice, I may have to take a wander up again. I used to go up for photography many times a year but in recent years I just haven't bothered as with the vast majority of the fleet just varying shades of worn grey it hasn't seemed worth the trip. I gather that at the moment there is just two marked for 12 Sqn. I also believe that the farmers earth mound at the 07 end on the South Western corner has been removed which means no more elevated views across that end. 

Gary

Yes gary,

The mound has been much reduced from sabrina proportions. Yes on the boring greys, I still like the noise though and I continue to try and improve my photography,  it's a nice occasional outing that we make a picnic out of

Cheers

Wally