FV433 Abbot SPG...options?

Courageous

Hi Clever ones.

I'm slowly building a collection of braille scale models of British AFV's and looking at options for the Abbot SPG. I believe that Matador Models does an Abbot but I have never dealt with this manufacturer before and know nothing about the quality of the kits, communications and service, thoughts and advice please.

Failing the Matador route, is it possible to cross kit, scratch, etc e.g. use a FV432 and scratch the gun & mount?

TIA

Stuart

The matador models one is the cromwell 1/76 one as the range has passed to them.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/cromwell-models-cm48-fv433-105mm-l109-abbot--1284277

It's not bad but being cast almost as one piece the wheels and tracks are somewhat simplified.

Hope this helps 

Ben

• Like 1

8 hours ago, badger said:

wheels and tracks are somewhat simplified.

I think it's a feature of both the Matador (Cromwell) and S&S Abbots.

Matador has the edge with hatches and stuff but simple running gear.

S&S has the edge with having separate but simple running gear.

As far as I can tell, these are the only two kit options but I think the S&S Abbot has it because of the separate running that I would be tempted to replace with the wheels and tracks from S&M Models FV432 but I'd have to do some hacking to get a hatch/ hatches open.

Stuart

• Like 1

I have the Cromwell one part finished somewhere and was reasonably happy with it. The detail is generally very nice and I have quite a lot of the rest of the range so it fits in well.

The main job I did was to clean the excess resin from around the wheels to open up the gaps which made a big difference.

S&M are rumoured to be bringing out an Abbot if you're not in a rush for one. How true this still is I'm not sure given the current state of the world.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Courageous said:

I think it's a feature of both the Matador (Cromwell) and S&S Abbots.

Matador has the edge with hatches and stuff but simple running gear.

S&S has the edge with having separate but simple running gear.

As far as I can tell, these are the only two kit options but I think the S&S Abbot has it because of the separate running that I would be tempted to replace with the wheels and tracks from S&M Models FV432 but I'd have to do some hacking to get a hatch/ hatches open.

Stuart

hi

if you dont want the tracks i could sell you just the hull, turret & gun

thanks

shaun

• Thanks 1