Looking for sprue shots of the Airfix 1/72 Spiyfire Mk.I

Hello everyone... Ive never done a Mk.I Spitfire so Im looking to build one of these pretty soon. If anyone can provide photo’s of the Sprues so I can answer some questions. I found some ok photo’s on cyber-modeler but they aren't the best. First question are the landing gear solid with the doors, and do they share the same odd mounting as the 1/48 Mk.I ? Second is it only the three bladed prop ? If so thats good but the two blade would be a bonus for future builds if its in there. Im looking to do either a 65 Sq. bird, most likely YT*L R.S.Tucks K9906 or YT*A R6883 F/Lt. Gordon Olive’s plane. If not I have 19 Sq. F/Sgt. George Unwin’s P9546 or even the kits decals. Any help is gratefully received. 

Dennis

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello everyone... Ive never done a Mk.I Spitfire so Im looking to build one of these pretty soon. If anyone can provide photo’s of the Sprues so I can answer some questions.

Here you go Dennis:

50045533328_3ba9c4807b_c.jpg

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

First question are the landing gear solid with the doors, and do they share the same odd mounting as the 1/48 Mk.I ?

Yes, and thankfully not. They plug into the top of the wing.

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Second is it only the three bladed prop ? If so thats good but the two blade would be a bonus for future builds if its in there.

Only a three bladed prop in this boxing but note that this is from a starter set. If this is anything like the new mould Hurricane, there may well be other boxings with additional parts like the two bladed prop and the early canopy. Others will know for certain.

Hope this helps,

Craig.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is another boxing of the kit that has parts for an early MkI with flat topped canopy and two bladed prop and also also for for a MkII with the Coffman starter bulge and Rotol prop. I am pretty sure the MkVa kit has the parts as well although neither kit is shown in the current Airfix catalogue, there are probably some around. Here is the link to Scalemates with the box art etc. 
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/airfix-a02010-supermarine-spitfire-mki-mkiia--100251 and for the Va 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/airfix-a02102-supermarine-spitfire-mkva--967092

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dandie Dinmont said:

Here you go Dennis:

50045533328_3ba9c4807b_c.jpg

Yes, and thankfully not. They plug into the top of the wing.

Only a three bladed prop in this boxing but note that this is from a starter set. If this is anything like the new mould Hurricane, there may well be other boxings with additional parts like the two bladed prop and the early canopy. Others will know for certain.

Hope this helps,

Craig.

2 hours ago, Mr T said:

There is another boxing of the kit that has parts for an early MkI with flat topped canopy and two bladed prop and also also for for a MkII with the Coffman starter bulge and Rotol prop. I am pretty sure the MkVa kit has the parts as well although neither kit is shown in the current Airfix catalogue, there are probably some around. Here is the link to Scalemates with the box art etc. 
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/airfix-a02010-supermarine-spitfire-mki-mkiia--100251 and for the Va 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/airfix-a02102-supermarine-spitfire-mkva--967092

Many Thanks Gentlemen. 

Dennis,

The one mentioned with the Watts prop and flat topped canopy is Airfix kit A02010. It comes with parts to do a Mk I or IIa: Rotol and Watts prop, bulged and flat top canopy, and Coffman starter blister. See my incoming email for box art and sprue shots. The Watts prop is very nice! You can find them pretty cheap on the auction sites- that's how I got my two.

Mike

• Thanks 1