RAF C-130K Hercules

10 minutes ago, techniquest said:

Excellent work; and may I say that interior looks fantastic!

Seemed a shame to seal it all up inside, but I think it has all survived ok

c9YP7sK.jpg

6 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

A great effort, been following the in progress thread, I still can't believe you managed to jam all those wires inside and make it look so tidy! :D

:thumbsup:

It was a surprise to me.  I fully expected only 3 working motors when the wings went on!

• Like 8

Very good, that is a most realistic interior! Super model, you can tell by the improvements that you have studied this closely, it looks very realistic.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 10:23 AM, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Beautiful model, brought to life by the "extras"!

I want to do a picture with chocks, kit around etc but the size of her makes it really tricky

Edited by bar side
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Parabat said:

Very good, that is a most realistic interior! Super model, you can tell by the improvements that you have studied this closely, it looks very realistic.

I learned a lot about the interior when making this.  I never know that the loading bay floor was recycled from previous RAF transports & not the same as the US version.  I only did one ladder, but at least a couple were usual apparently.  Italeri appear to have attempted to mould something like one on the bulkhead, but I am not sure they knew what it was!  They did include a mop though...

1 hour ago, stevej60 said:

Magnificent beast does it need to be tied down when the engines are running?:D

Well a test run in the kitchen did make me wonder if it was going to head to the floor

VqxuTeS.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

This is a beautiful piece of work, I love how you have gone the extra mile and grateful for you taking the time to post a build thread where I picked up some helpful tips! I’m genuinely disappointed she’s built as I enjoyed following your progress, keep up the great work, can’t wait to see what’s going to accompany the herc 🙂

Superb result Barside, all that extra work, and motors and lights is definitely worth it!

If it were me I would be driving it around the patio making the appropriate noises, like when they shut down the inboard engines for taxying!

Edited by 71chally

38 minutes ago, Jon Sharp said:

This is a beautiful piece of work, I love how you have gone the extra mile and grateful for you taking the time to post a build thread where I picked up some helpful tips! I’m genuinely disappointed she’s built as I enjoyed following your progress, keep up the great work, can’t wait to see what’s going to accompany the herc 🙂

Cheers Jon. It’s been fun.  Building a little (well anything is little after the Herc) Alpha Jet at the moment.  Got a vacform Shackelton as my next biggy.  Will make a few kits before starting that I think.  Have an Islander too which I am looking forward to

28 minutes ago, 71chally said:

Superb result Barside, all that extra work, and motors and lights is definitely worth it!

I think I said something mad like putting an RC helicopter mechanism in a contra rotating prop mechanism for the Shack project, but that’s too far I think!  I do like lights, really got to work on finding a standard plug in port so they can be stand alone or running

• Like 1

Wondering about connectors like this.  Very neat.  Could easily tuck a socket like that away, or have a removable plate over it.  And they are cheap

71c+y80TfwL._AC_SX342_.jpg

Great build.  That night shot with the props spinning and the Land Rover loading up takes me right back to flying the Brit Herc out of Kabul back to Kandahar in the middle of the night.  Sitting with a WMIK chained 12” from my knees, combat climb and the surprise launch of chaff out the sides that lit up the cargo bay (Gulp!  Missile warning...)

Thanks for the memories!  😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cheers guys.  I would like to set her up for a proper night shoot & start the engines one by one, maybe over a soundtrack of a Herc start up.  This was my test run.  The beacon flash is too fast but gives you a better idea of the lights

mUuq0ga.mp4