o/ Hello there!

Drunken_Jedi

Hi everyone.

I'm returning to modelling after some 20 years. My first kit hasn't been without it's problems, and I have a list as long as my arm of things "to do differently" for my next kit (MiG-23S). I have another thread relating to a disaster I had today when applying and removing excess wash today on my WIldcat kit, so would appreciate some advice on how to salvage it.

Other than that, nice to know there's such a large modelling community here and I hope to learn a lot from you all :).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Drunken_Jedi said:

Hi everyone.

I'm returning to modelling after some 20 years. My first kit hasn't been without it's problems, and I have a list as long as my arm of things "to do differently" for my next kit (MiG-23S). I have another thread relating to a disaster I had today when applying and removing excess wash today on my WIldcat kit, so would appreciate some advice on how to salvage it.

Other than that, nice to know there's such a large modelling community here and I hope to learn a lot from you all :).

I do believe we all have been down that road once or twice. Welcome to the forum and your queries will surely be answered. I've been at this for more than 50 years and I'm always looking for new and improved ways of doing things.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

Hello Jedi...:post1: from the windy city of Chicago. Sorry I dont use washes other than in my cockpits and gear bays. So I cant really help as i don't remove the washes in my case. Though from what I understand and have read the quicker the better on removing washes. Something like an hour at most and start to remove them. Hope you solve it. 

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/06/2020 at 21:34, f111guru said:

I have a list as long as my arm of things "to do differently" for my next kit (MiG-23S).

:welcome: aboard :) If you've got a big list of things to do better, I've no doubt that you will, and that's how you progress :yes:

Welcome aboard!  I returned to the hobby about 30 years ago and still have that first F-14 I did.  Just to look back at it and see the progress is great and I still have a lot to learn.  You were brave to tackle washes, I was afraid of them for years before I dived in.  Still a challenge but I make the effort.