PONTOS HMCS Snowberry

Jimbo

Hi Jamie

Having recently bought the Revell 1/144 Snowberry and trying to decide what option to go for with regards to upgrade parts I suddenly found you were stocking the Pontos sets (I'd been looking at the Snowberry set but am never happy buying from abroad 😞 ).

I see they're marked as 'Pre order' and I was wondering what kind of timescale it's likely to be. I'm in no rush for it - the stash keeps me going! -  but at the moment I'm 'juggling funds' and would like to hold off ordering for a short while if possible. But I'm concerned at missing the boat (literally!) in case you were going to bring in sets dependent on demand.

Finger crossed!

Many thanks, and best wishes

Jim

Hi Jim,

We're on a fairly relaxed timescale with this. Pre-order is open til 10th August whereupon it'll be finalised, and usually Pontos deliveries are something around 6 weeks after that but it can be variable and there's the COVID-19 factor in there too :)

HTH

Good morning Jamie

Many thanks for the info - the 'relaxed timescale' is great news (for me) 🙂 Gives me time to sort things then place a pre-order (hopefully in a week or so).

Also gives me time to start clearing the bench of the part done projects!

Thank you again

Jim

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Jamie

Me again!

After a bit of trauma here I suddenly remembered I needed to pre-order the Pontos set, but I can't find any trace of it on your site. Have I been too slow or am I not searching properly? Hope it's still going to be available.

Many thanks

Jim

Hi Jim,

I'm afraid we closed the pre-order window a fortnight ago and the consignment has already left South Korea. I can't remember if there's any shelf stock of the Snowberry sets - there may be one or two at most. We're not really filling the shelves up with money on third party stuff in a big way this year. Liquidating it has proven to be either famine or feast over the past couple of years.

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Hi Jamie

Me again!

After a bit of trauma here I suddenly remembered I needed to pre-order the Pontos set, but I can't find any trace of it on your site. Have I been too slow or am I not searching properly? Hope it's still going to be available.

Many thanks

Jim

If your concerned about getting one there is on on eBay at the moment

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-144-HMCS-Snowberry-Flower-Class-Corvette-Detail-Up-Set-for-Revell-kit-05132/184370446976?hash=item2aed55c280:g:oBkAAOSw8aJfFYh9

HTH

P

Hi

Thanks for the heads up on that. 

I did tell Jamie I'd pre-order one from him, think I;ll wait to see what the situation is there.

Cheers again though.

Best wishes

Jim

Hi Jamie

Apologies, I saw PDH's reply before I noticed your earlier reply - not having a goo day! Lol!

I can totally understand about not ordering stuff just to sit on shelves. If there does turn out to be one that's not taken, any chance you could drop me a line please?

Many thanks

Jim