A-10 from 107th Fighter Squadron markings August 2017

Greetings

This is my Monogram kit built as an A-10C with some antennas scratch-built and Eduard photo-etched interior. 

spacer.png

I used a Black Box resin Interior for some of the upgrade such as the seat and the canopy raising components. 

spacer.png

The Decals were from reidairpublishing and they were really good. No silvering ,handled great and settled down really well. Stripes, as on all D-Day markings, were a bit of a challenge.

spacer.png

Gunze Olive drab and Vallejo Grey, Clear coated with GX 100 and Semi-Gloss final with decanted Mr. Hobby Semi-Gloss.

spacer.png

43 Grams (Yes metric for an American) nose weight for correct stance. Master nose gun and Pitot were absolutely stunning.

spacer.png

Thanks for Looking

Comments Always Welcome

Cheers

Bill

• Like 43
  • Thanks 1

That is one pristine model. Given the commemorative nature of the markings, it's highly appropriate that it be in semi-gloss finish. Out of curiosity, are those travel pods on the inboard underwing stations and, if so, may I ask where you got them?

10 hours ago, SAT69 said:

That is one pristine model. Given the commemorative nature of the markings, it's highly appropriate that it be in semi-gloss finish. Out of curiosity, are those travel pods on the inboard underwing stations and, if so, may I ask where you got them?

Thank You. The inside armaments are actually the Napalm tanks that come with the Monogram kit. They really looked like the load out from internet photos so Travel pods they are.😊😊😊

Thanks again

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tomthounaojam said:

Outstanding, I always wanted to build this one, may now from where you got the decals, thanks.

Here is a bit of information for the decals....

Speed Hunter Graphics | No. 48018 | 1:48
just Google and up comes some distributors..also in Scalemates.

Cheers

Bill

• Thanks 1