Boeing 777-31H/ER "EMIRATES"

Good afternoon all,

The latest off the production line: Zvezda's 1/144th scale Boeing 777-300ER finished in Emirates' livery using 26-Decals.

This kit is by far the best airliner model I've ever built - it fell together and it's the first time I've ever built a model where not even the tiniest bit of filler was needed. Detail is also very good and a huge step up from the old Minicraft Triple Seven kits. 26's decals were a pleasure, too - all in all a very enjoyable build. 

50040306163_4a6ca479aa_z.jpgDSC_0018 by Thomas Probert, on Flickr

50040859396_9dc1205a76_z.jpgDSC_0010 by Thomas Probert, on Flickr

50040306113_269ae326ab_z.jpgDSC_0021 by Thomas Probert, on Flickr

50040858586_0f1b12eca4_z.jpgDSC_0025 by Thomas Probert, on Flickr

50040305998_b67c29af09_z.jpgDSC_0023 by Thomas Probert, on Flickr

50041123897_37c59e55f5_z.jpgDSC_0007 by Thomas Probert, on Flickr

50041124242_e65f2e78e0_z.jpgDSC_0027 by Thomas Probert, on Flickr

50040858746_e4e64f635c_z.jpgDSC_0004 by Thomas Probert, on Flickr

Best regards to all,

Tom

• Like 41

Very pleased to hear the kit is so nice and the decals equally so. Your build is magnificent. Isn't it great to have a model kit that goes out of its way to be cooperative!

• Thanks 1

Absolutely superb.

13 hours ago, tomprobert said:

This kit is by far the best airliner model I've ever built - it fell together and it's the first time I've ever built a model where not even the tiniest bit of filler was needed

Good to hear seeing as I just got one

• Thanks 1

I’m surprised you’ve had the time recently Tom, with the family getting larger! Lovely build :)

there’s some great airliner kits out now, I got back into the hobby in 2009 and the options were limited.

hope everyone’s well? 

• Thanks 1

Hi Tom,

Excellent! Isn't it nice when you can build without filling, sanding, filling, sanding?

Super job on the Triple Seven, used to see loads of these at MAN but not at the moment ☹️

Cheers,

Ian

• Thanks 1

Wow!! What a stunning build!! Thanks for sharing, looks beautiful in the Emirates livery, and good decal choice too.

I have a Zvezda 777 in the stash, so glad to hear it goes together well :clap:

James.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Cracking work, doing the Revell A380 in Emirates livery myself, wish that fell together

Thanks - I’ve got the A380 to build at some point and have heard it can be a little tricky in places. 

19 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Very pleased to hear the kit is so nice and the decals equally so. Your build is magnificent. Isn't it great to have a model kit that goes out of its way to be cooperative!

Indeed it is - a very refreshing change!

17 hours ago, BluesModeller said:

Superb model Tom!

A model that needs no filler...  Will have to get one!!!

I highly recommend this kit - it’s a pleasure!

12 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Looks great Tom, time for a smaller project eh? :D

:thumbsup:

Yes indeed - I fancied something nice and straightforward and this fitted the bill perfectly. 

5 hours ago, woody37 said:

I’m surprised you’ve had the time recently Tom, with the family getting larger! Lovely build :)

there’s some great airliner kits out now, I got back into the hobby in 2009 and the options were limited.

hope everyone’s well? 

Florence’s arrival has once again curtailed time at the bench, but this was almost done before she was born. And yes we are spoilt for choice now with these beautiful new releases - good times!

Mother and baby are doing really well thanks!

2 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Hi Tom,

Excellent! Isn't it nice when you can build without filling, sanding, filling, sanding?

Super job on the Triple Seven, used to see loads of these at MAN but not at the moment ☹️

Cheers,

Ian

Absolutely! They’re still fairly regular over my house on their way into Heathrow. It was usually an A380 but they’ve obviously downsized of late. 

1 hour ago, Soloturk said:

Wow!! What a stunning build!! Thanks for sharing, looks beautiful in the Emirates livery, and good decal choice too.

I have a Zvezda 777 in the stash, so glad to hear it goes together well :clap:

James.

It goes together really well, James - you’ll love it. 

I’ve  just treated myself to the new Zvezda A350-1000 as I enjoyed this so much and with a new baby I think it’ll fit the bill nicely with the limited bench time I’ll have for a while...

Tom

• Like 2

Nice build, Tom! Amazing that you completed the model with no filler and no sanding. Wow. Love the Emirates livery, too. I have yet to build a Zvezda 777...have one in the stash...someday! All I’ve read and seen posted, including yours, is positive regarding this kit. You’ve done quite a good job. Thanks for sharing. 

9 minutes ago, Challenger350Pilot said:

Nice build, Tom! Amazing that you completed the model with no filler and no sanding. Wow. Love the Emirates livery, too. I have yet to build a Zvezda 777...have one in the stash...someday! All I’ve read and seen posted, including yours, is positive regarding this kit. You’ve done quite a good job. Thanks for sharing. 

Thank you! There was a little of the usual sanding to blend the fuselage joins but no filler was needed as the fit was exceptional. 

Although I’ve told a white lie: I did use some Milliput to blend the cabin windows and cockpit glazing to prepare for the window decals, but that was my choice and not a fault of the kit. 

You’ll certainly enjoy building yours when the time comes. 

Hats off !

You deserve it.
Thank you for this model.

And to all the members who helped your thread to survive almost 2 days (an all time high for an Airliner !) on the front page before being pushed down to page 2 !

Cheers.

Have a nice week-end !

AV O

Edited by AV O
  • Thanks 1