Change display name

Thinking of changing it to Brandy, my long-time nickname. But if it means that it cuts the links for people following me I won't do it.

Ian

Hi limeypilot,

I got my name changed on here a couple of years back and as far as I know it had no adverse impact on anything. I can’t say for certain whether it cut anyone off that was following me (I don’t know if anyone was following me in the first place!) but I very much doubt that it would as the process was quite seamless. One thing that I can say for certain is that all previous posts, and reputation points made under your old name will receive the new name - it’s as if the the old name never existed. In your case it would be as if you were ‘Brandy’ from the day you joined.

I note that @Martian has changed his name recently (second time for him). I’m sure he has lots of followers and will be able to confirm if they migrate to the new name. I will be surprised if they don’t 

4 hours ago, limeypilot said:

Thinking of changing it to Brandy, my long-time nickname. But if it means that it cuts the links for people following me I won't do it.

Ian

No impact at all :)

....and done. :yes:

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

Jesus!!!

Where the hell did Limeypilot go? 😱

He was sitting right here just now! 😳

Heck!

You're right, he's completely disappeared!

MIKE!!

Rick.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, roginoz said:

We had a dog named Brandy ; he was good at disappearing too................

We had a bottle called Brandy.  That disappeared too one night.

• Haha 10