SAR Slick

I've had a change of plans for this GB. I was going to build Revell's reboxing of the Zvezda Mil-26 Halo, but I believe that is too big a project for a GB. So, a Revell 1/72 UH-1D joined the stash, in the German SAR boxing. I believe this to be Hasegawa plastic,

and it will be built OOB in the kit's decal scheme.

Here are the kit's mugshots:

spacer.png

Sprues:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Decals:

spacer.png

Instructions:

spacer.png

And paint scheme:

spacer.png

Aaaand that is my first entry for the Helicopter, autogiro, and STOVL GB!

Good luck, everyone, can't wait to get started on Saturday!

• Like 14

Hi Fifer,

great choice! Plus super paint scheme.

Had I entered this GB, it would have been with the old Esci 172 UH-1D, the only one of two choppers in my miserly stash.

Charismatic helicopter, that must be built at all cost while listening to Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries!!! Warn the neighbors beforehand!

Have fun, will follow!

JR

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Now you've done it Jean, I have the tune in my head and can't get rid of it!

Me too!

But given that my subject is basically a German Mountain Rescue chopper, I think Tannhäuser may be even more appropriate!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fifer54 said:

Me too!

But given that my subject is basically a German Mountain Rescue chopper, I think Tannhäuser may be even more appropriate!

Mountain means that yodelling is de rigueur! No conflict: just yodel the ride of the Valkyries... Lederhosen are optional though.

Of course you can always yodel on Tannhauser.

Neighbors' warning still apply.

Enjoy!

JR

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, jean said:

Had I entered this GB, it would have been with the old Esci 172 UH-1D, the only one of two choppers in my miserly stash.

JR

As you only need 1 chopper, 50% of your current stash to join this GB , what can we put you down for ? 

cheers Pat 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

As you only need 1 chopper, 50% of your current stash to join this GB , what can we put you down for ? 

cheers Pat 

Vade retro Satanas!!!

I can resist anything, except temptation! 

Let me think about it...

You should be ashamed of yourself to prey on innocent bush bumpkins.

Keep on tempting Pat.

JR

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Of course if i could find something suitable in the stash, and i posted it now it still has a chance of getting it to you in time for Christmas if i post it on Monday.

Im sure i bought a vacform 1/32 Chinook some time ago, it will look the bees knees in the Chateaux when its finished😉

Alternatively you and Karen could use the fuselage halves as a canoe one for each of you !

cheers Pat 

• Haha 2

As the lads have said this GB wouldn't be complete without at least one Huey and this looks to be a good kit if the instructions are to be trusted.

Well, I've made a start, but I've no piccies to show cos it's just a bit of parts painting on the sprues! I've run up against Revell's refusal to tell you which paints to use except by Revell paint colours. The names of colours used on the

helo are NOT mentioned anywhere. Revell must be absolutely paranoid at the thought of a Revell modeller buying a pot of Humbrol or Colourcoats. I understand them wanting to promote their own product, but this stance just gets in the way . . .

• Like 1

On 6/24/2020 at 4:52 PM, Fifer54 said:

I've had a change of plans for this GB. I was going to build Revell's reboxing of the Zvezda Mil-26 Halo, but I believe that is too big a project for a GB. So, a Revell 1/72 UH-1D joined the stash, in the German SAR boxing. I believe this to be Hasegawa plastic,

and it will be built OOB in the kit's decal scheme.

Here are the kit's mugshots:

spacer.png

Sprues:

Decals:

Instructions:

And paint scheme:

Aaaand that is my first entry for the Helicopter, autogiro, and STOVL GB!

Good luck, everyone, can't wait to get started on Saturday!

I have several of this kit as well. To be exact, four of this boxing (one bought just last week!), and one of the US gunship version, which was the original release from 1994, and for which the guns and rocket pods parts are included (but not used) in this SAR kit.

It's not the old (1971) Hasegawa kit though, which I also have.

On 6/25/2020 at 5:17 PM, jean said:

Hi Fifer,

great choice! Plus super paint scheme.

Charismatic helicopter, that must be built at all cost while listening to Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries!!! Warn the neighbors beforehand!

Have fun, will follow!

JR

I was lucky enough to pick up two of those ESCI kits early this year, reboxed by Italeri with a wonderful Cartograf decal sheet. I suppose I really ought to build something from the Huey family for this GB, seeing as I have a big selection, including early B & C versions, an AB 205, a UH-1N "Twin Huey", and a CH-412 Griffon - all from (if not boxed by) Italeri.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, klr said:

I was lucky enough to pick up two of those ESCI kits early this year, reboxed by Italeri with a wonderful Cartograf decal sheet. I suppose I really ought to build something from the Huey family for this GB, seeing as I have a big selection, including early B & C versions, an AB 205, a UH-1N "Twin Huey", and a CH-412 Griffon - all from (if not boxed by) Italeri.

Go on! You know you want to . . .

A picture at last! Here is the basic interior. I decided to build this as the ambulance variant, but making up the strtcher racks is sooooo fiddly I may yet just leave a bare interior and close the doors!

spacer.png

• Like 5

On 7/5/2020 at 8:16 AM, Fifer54 said:

Go on! You know you want to . . .

I was thinking maybe the Italeri boxing of the ESCI UH-1D kit, but I see someone else is building the ESCI kit. So I'm more inclined than ever to go for a B/C model, but it will be a while before I can lay my hands on those..

Slowly taking shape!

spacer.png

As you can see, the fuselage (is it called a fuselage on a helicopter?) is closed up. The rotors and landing skids are fitted for the photo!

• Like 3

Hi Fifer,

this does look very much like a Huey. 

You know, the more I look at your kit's instructions and build, the more similarities appear between your Italeri boxing and the ESCI kit I am kind of busy with.

All very incestuous...

And do not let your mojo evaporate when you are so close to the finish line!

Keep having fun!

JR

On 6/25/2020 at 10:10 PM, JOCKNEY said:

Of course if i could find something suitable in the stash, and i posted it now it still has a chance of getting it to you in time for Christmas if i post it on Monday.

Im sure i bought a vacform 1/32 Chinook some time ago, it will look the bees knees in the Chateaux when its finished😉

Alternatively you and Karen could use the fuselage halves as a canoe one for each of you !

cheers Pat 

Hi Pat,

I have no idea how I ever missed this endearing post of yours! A long blink maybe?

To answer your statement: NO, a 1/32 Chinook would NOT look good in the Chateau, believe me. Be it vac form or otherwise... My better half will see to it that I am sent to Scotland in a banana crate, on which the Top and Bottom labels are inverted...

Plus by keeping on making those silly threats, one day you will carry one out and I shall have to spend two days at the post office and police station, explaining that yes, a 1/32 B-2 bomber is very, very big, and that no, I do not wish to engage in a regime change against the present government!

And yes, the Huey is a great helicopter!

Take care.

JR

• Haha 2