Revell F-100C 1:65 Fossils of Palaeoreplicantology

Hello mates,
this are the surviving parts of my very first built model. I made it 1965 at the age of 5 years.  This "seveneleven" from 1956 has raised outlines of typo and markings.

Because Revell started without decals first.

Later i made some yellow paint tests on the fin (who else). Therefore they survived (i believe). It rested in a Grabbelkiste for decades (i know).

Now my first model has a very good place in my house behind glass. And has there the OK of my wife. Resting in Peace s...

Cheers,

Tom

f100 DSC_7126 f100 DSC_7111 f100 DSC_7114

• Like 30

What I like about your model is it is bit like real fossils, quite a few extinct species are based on fairly limited remains. A good idea to preserve your early work. 

• Thanks 1

I lost my first kits by a chain of stupid accidents, so I know perfectly well what these parts would mean to you... If I had one single part of my first build some 40 years ago, it would now be more important and valuable to me than any other kit I have built the next 40 years.

Very nice idea, enjoy and take good care of it :)

• Thanks 1

Great idea and beautifully presented.

I am reminded of crash sites I have visited on the hills where you can find pieces of aircraft which have lain there for 60 years or more.

Regards,

Vulcanfan.

• Thanks 1