1/144 - Convair B-36B/D/F/H/J & NB-36H Peacemaker by Roden - released

Homebee

Thanks, I did not even know how inaccurate the Hobbycraft kit was.

This Roden new tool seem to be more than welcome indeed. I just hope they refine a bit their panel lines, some of them are a touch too wide for 1/144 IMHO (Britannia comes to mind).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Esposito said:

Not to mention how inaccurate the Hobbycraft kit is! 

Wing Dihedral all wrong!  HC depicts a negative dihedral, when it should be perfectly straight. 

Wing join to fuselage wrong

Terrible engine cowlings of the P&W Wasps

it is strange that we have never seen a re issue of the b-36 when the b-58 and b-47 have been frequently re issued but now i am glad, i did not know the hobbycraft kit had so many problems .

• Like 1

Great news!  Always been a fan of the B36 since I saw 'Strategic Air Command'.  I had the Hobbycraft kits but sold them on as I didn't want to waste my life correcting the errors!

• Like 2

Having built the Monogram B-36 so many years ago, I'd genuinely welcome a re-release of that kit. I thought it was a nice build. And from that past perspective, I thought it was pretty accurate too.

On 6/25/2020 at 11:33 AM, 71chally said:

I wish it was Allan, that's where we need a new kit.

I don't know how realistic the prospect of a brand new tooled item is but, I'd personally settle even for  a reissue of the 1/72 Revell /Monogram kit in lieu of a new one.

I built one already, many years ago and, it was a nice, trouble free build if, a tad large! 😂

I had to custom make a shelf for it!!

I've actually got one of the Revell kits part built. I'm not a fan of N M finishes so, I'm either going to do a SAC camouflaged version (which obviously didn't exist!) or, an RAF machine on DG/MSG/PRU Blue finish (which also, obviously didn't exist)!

Actually,, I think it would look gorgeous in the RAE Raspberry Ripple colours! 😂

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Albeback52 said:

I don't know how realistic the prospect of a brand new tooled item is but, I'd personally settle even for  a reissue of the 1/72 Revell /Monogram kit in lieu of a new one.

I've built a couple in the past, you still get them on Ebay and other places, I much prefer the original Monogram boxing with that stunning artwork.

I would like to see a brand new tooled 72nd scale Peacemaker though!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mike Esposito said:

1/48?😯

Better buy an extension/addition! 🤣

It's OK, I'll live in it... with all the super-massive kits I've got already, my house should be turning into a Black Hole any time now, so it's all academic :shrug:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1