Tamiya 1/24 Ford Zakspeed Turbo Capri GR.5 WURTH

So a small amount of progress today including painting some of the details on the shell and trying to add a little detail to the dashboard which comes with no decals for the clocks infact the instructions would have you paint the whole thing black and leave it at that. As for the shell well the front grille has been painted and headlights added and the window rubbers are now matt black 

spacer.png

spacer.png

May well have this build finished tomorrow as the 2k has dried quite quickly though still not cured enough to be handled atm. Thanks for looking and I'll be back soon 🙂

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Spiny said:

Excellent job on that dashboard - lots of very good detail painting on that. You'll need to give your eyes a rest after that little lot!

Thanks Spiny but although you wouldn't realise why a comment by yourself regarding a magnifying headset is the reason I attempted it. Since you mentioned the headset I've purchased one and love it makes life so much easier. Infact when I first tried it out I realised that I had been building my models in the neighbour's garage for the past two years 😂😂🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

Since you mentioned the headset I've purchased one and love it

:nerd: = Andy.....!!

Just getting my own back for a certain Mr. Magoo comment someone once made....!! :tease:

Still, it was a good buy looking at that dashboard..... :thumbsup:

K

• Haha 1

Hi there so the final update and I'm happy to say the Capri is finished with no dramas whatsoever throughout the whole build. This maybe a basic kit with little in terms of detail and a low parts count however I've thoroughly enjoyed the build and I am extremely happy with the final result. I'm about to post this up in the rfi section but I thought I would post a pic here of this beast in all its glory 

spacer.png

A massive thank you to everyone who followed and commented on this build and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did building it 🙂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1