RCAF P-40 colours question

brewerjerry

Hi Dogsbody,

I spent a very pleasant hour on the phone with Tony Higgins of Aviaeology (and editor art director of CAHS) the P-40 books (and other projects) are progressing. Once the illustrations are finished (and if you have seen Tony's work you will appreciate the time this takes) we will see the books. In the pipeline are re-prints of the Canadas Wings Blackburn Shark and The Liberator and Fortress volumes with colour illustrations and  photos.

In the meantime check out what they have currently available. Canadian Aircraft in WW2 will give you some Kittyhawk info.

https://www.aviaeology.com/publications.html#/  will give you some sample pages.

Early Canadian Military Aircraft Vol. 1 is a must have as far as I am concerned and fantastically good value at 50 bucks Cdn. This covers aircraft of the Imperial Gift (1919 ish?)

Full disclosure, I am in no way associated with Aviaeology except that I carry their decals and books in my store and I am a huge fan.

One more thing, I got a hold of a copy of "Son of Lassie". There is about 8 minutes of airplane footage at RCAF station Pat Bay (on Vancouver Island British Columbia) with some good looks at RCAF Kittyhawks in the background; definitely Grey/Green, Lots of Bolingbroke footage.

Cheers,

Gordon Parker

• Like 2

Hi 

I have a copy of son of lassie, filmed between May and November 1944, great shots of aircraft

but I have wondered about the use of 'technicolor' on the colours seen in the film 

great news about the book reprints of Canada wings

Cheers 

Jerry

Edited by brewerjerry

3 minutes ago, brewerjerry said:

Hi 

I have a copy of son of lassie, filmed between May and November 1944, great shots of aircraft

but I have wondered about the use of 'technicolor' on the colours seen in the film 

Cheers 

Jerry

You can see the whole movie on Youtube.

Here's a wee bit:

Chris

• Like 2