1/72 Airfix JU52

Greetings!

Another old Airfix kit - this time the classic JU52.   Out of the box build with a few minor enhancements.  Poor fit in many areas, especially landing gear!  Maybe I should have done the float plane version.  Decals were the most challenging part of this build - the corrugated surfaces are not very decal friendly.  Kit decals were very old and unusable, so I used the PrintScale set 72-075 which finally worked with repeated applications of decal solution.  Paint scheme is from the PrintScale decal painting guide.  I think the actual machine may have had a splinter pattern?  Had a mental lapse and forgot to mask the side windows before spraying clear flat coat so they are a bit fuzzy looking!  Many thanks for having a look,  comments and questions always welcome.

Bill

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 53
  • Thanks 3

Airfix nostalgia beautifully executed and photographed. I remember getting this model as a Christmas present from my uncle when I was eight and really struggling with it while Laurel and Hardy was on the television ..................

I don't think mine would have been able to be flown ................

Thank you for posting this wonderful model.

regards, adey

Edited by adey m
  • Like 6

Bad fitting parts can make for a very challenging build but you overcame and got really nice results. Good for you!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeddahbill said:

Had a mental lapse and forgot to mask the side windows before spraying clear flat coat so they are a bit fuzzy looking! 

A coat with Future (or equivalent) will fix that for you. You can brush it on without masking the rest of the model - I've made that mistake, too!

Lovely work on an old favourite.

• Thanks 1

These old kits can be a real challenge but also allow you to just build it as-is without going too wild.  The end result is always really appealing and is a trip down memory lane for many of us - true heart warming nostalgia.

Nice one pal.

Phil

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1