Warhammer 40K - Titan - Iron Wolf

I was surprised with this gift for my birthday.:D

My son had ordered the conversion set for the Iron Wolf as I have a preference for the Space Wolves Space Marines chapter. :viking:

So I have this:

spacer.png

And after a day and a half I've gotten this far: :D

spacer.png

spacer.png

It'll be my interpretation of an Iron Wolf Titan, so please bear with me, if it isn't totally by the codex! :winkgrin:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• Like 7

Been working on the upper body a bit more. :D

I haven't attached the wolfshead permanently yet as to ease the painting.

spacer.png

I'm toying with the idea of painting the head as if it was made of wood like the dragonhead on a vikingship? :hmmm:The result is not in yet!:winkgrin:

Hans J

• Like 6

Quite like the conversion set! I'm assuming it will be in Space Wolf themed colours? If that's the case, I'm not sure how well wood would fit with that if that's the only wooden part, I've not actually seen anyone do that before! Perhaps some sort of dark obsidian or granite-like stone (maybe with glowing runes) or bone (a big feature of Space Wolf Iconography), or even gold/brass (something like the figurehead on on Logan Grimnar's Stormrider) could work.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, TheVoidDragon said:

Quite like the conversion set! I'm assuming it will be in Space Wolf themed colours? If that's the case, I'm not sure how well wood would fit with that if that's the only wooden part, I've not actually seen anyone do that before! Perhaps some sort of dark obsidian or granite-like stone (maybe with glowing runes) or bone (a big feature of Space Wolf Iconography), or even gold/brass (something like the figurehead on on Logan Grimnar's Stormrider) could work.

Yes it'll be in the Space Wolf colour of light gray'ish blue for the head and the base colourscheme. :D

I've backed away from the wood colours again and more towards gold/brass - perhaps yellow - for the trimmings.

Black/darkgray for the inner machinery.

The pilot will receive a new helmet - a Wolfs head! :D

Hans J

Edited by HansReggelsen

So - a small update! :D

I've painted a basepaint in preparation for the black-ish paint I'll be using - perhaps a very dark blue? :hmmm:

I've added some details. Luckily I have the Canis Rex Titan which has a wolf as totem, so I'll be using those as well as parts from some other Space Wolves kits. :winkgrin:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

On all the Titans I've seen on the net, not one has an connector there - It's time to change that! :winkgrin:

Hans J

• Like 5

Nice work so far 👍

i like the idea of a wooden figurehead but a metallic one would be more durable in battle perhaps? 

I have never seen those two points connected. I look forward to seeing what you do. 

Cheers

• Thanks 1

Looks very cool, I like the Space-Wolf-ification bits.

I suppose those two eyes on the back of the leg could be lifting lugs for the components? If you assume there's a joint motor in the knee or something then the lack of a piston might be excused :)

But more hydraulics are always fun!

W

• Haha 1

Another small update while I ponder the next steps! :hmmm:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

What I'm pondering is what to do with his left arm - weapons etc. - there's so much to choose from! :winkgrin:

Cheers for now :bye:

Hans J

• Like 6

...and now that I have built up both arms and weapons I took a look around the sprues and found two pistons that I didn't need so I put them to good use. :D

Had to shorten them, but that's what a hobbyknife is for, right? :winkgrin:

spacer.png

Hans J

• Like 6

Another update :D

I've been experimenting with the 'Haispray technique (spray some hairspray on your model, sprinkle some coarse salt on, spray on a secondary colour, remove the salt and thus achieve a weathered effect)

It's barely visible in the photo's (and in real life if I'm honest), but it's something I'll try again. 

Perhaps it's because I used metalcolours? :hmmm:

I'll try it again when I paint the bluegray Space Wolves paint on.

Anyway, here's some pictures: :D

spacer.png

I get some Caine-vibes looking at this! :winkgrin:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I have now given it a cote of Model Master Metalizer varnish.

Hans J

• Like 5

Another update: :D

Finished the cockpit, but have a look at how much will be seen! With flash: :hmmm:

spacer.png

Without flash: :hmmm:

spacer.png

Well at least I know what's in there! :winkgrin:

The back:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hans J

• Like 4

Yet another small update: :D

I've taken the machineparts as far as I wish, and are now turning my attention to the outer armour:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And finally the question that riddles my mind at the moment: :hmmm:

spacer.png

Ahhh - all those questions... :winkgrin:

Hans J

• Like 5

So! It's saturday and the first day of my wifes three weeks summerholliday! :D

My progress on this will therefore slow down a bit, but on the sunnyside she has agreed to go with me to the Danish Aircraft Museum, so I'm a happy man! :winkgrin:

Here's where I'm at:

spacer.png

Hans J

• Like 4

12 hours ago, HansReggelsen said:

So! It's saturday and the first day of my wifes three weeks summerholliday! :D

My progress on this will therefore slow down a bit, but on the sunnyside she has agreed to go with me to the Danish Aircraft Museum, so I'm a happy man! :winkgrin:

Here's where I'm at:

spacer.png

Hans J

Hmmm I use a similar technique for shell/blaster holes. I drill partially through fill the hole with Tamiya extra thin wait a minute or so then I can shape it. Will give your idea a try on my next armor/sci-fi build. 

• Like 5

Cool!!

I have a semi assembled Imperial Knight Warden in the box, but have problems getting the paint right, despite following GWs instructions.

I am new to their paints, so need some more experience with those.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ron NL-S said:

Cool!!

I have a semi assembled Imperial Knight Warden in the box, but have problems getting the paint right, despite following GWs instructions.

I am new to their paints, so need some more experience with those.

I must admit, that I mix my own colours using Modelmaster enemals, Humbrol enemals, Revell enemals.... :)

I haven't quiet got the hang of spraying with Citadels paints, but they are great for detail painting, although I must again admit that I use Revell and Humbrol acryllic paints for detaling.

Here's a little look on how it looks without the salt:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Interesting effect, but it's something I'll have to work on. :hmmm:

Hans J

Edited by HansReggelsen
  • Like 3