Italeri 1/72 + 1/48 HH-60 Jayhawk USCG

Concentrating on the 1/72...it’s turning into a tricky little build. Spent time detailing the cockpit and glad I did..soon be time for pink primer

50257809293_15196f8b8e_b.jpg

• Like 6

@exdraken Hello, I’m still detailing up the cabin and pilots area. I have all that glued into one side of the fuselage, dry fitted, its click together and will only need glue to hold it, so looking pretty good. I’ve already started the hunt to find another 1/48

Thanks for looking in

• Like 1

I’m not 100% sure gloss orange is the right colour. They are definitely gloss orange up close in real life but gloss red just looks correct the minute you step back, vermillion red I’ve also got and my second arrived from Italy with the paint set...glossy red...

Going to go with orange for this one....the 1/48.... il wait and see how the 72 is with orange first...

Thanks @desert falcon I hope so....

The orange I think is the correct colour and once the black an white are done and weathered we will see..I might do my second 1/72 in red then decide from there what the keeper 1/48 will get 

• Like 1

Up to here...bit of tidying for the paint, the orange has lost its gloss possibly from the masking....the blue ran quite badly too. Think il prime, paint the blue stripe, then the white and then orange last next time...well, it will be red next time 

50337147086_0f0c8aa8d4_b.jpg

• Like 4

On the home straight now.....The starboard side rotor warning decal points the wrong way and both are not the best fit. There are a few decals that are too large too which il leave off my next 1/72 of this. It’s a really nice kit all told. 

50363735531_9b2b64e258_b.jpg

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Jinxman said:

That looks very neat - will it get any weathering?

Thanks Jinxman, they are usually kept pristine but Im going for an after mission weathering with grime, sea spray, sand for a bit of interest 

• Thanks 1

Calling it. Wish I had left her clean now as think I’ve over done it a touch. Cracking kit, few difficulties but will focus on the 1/48 and might start the second 1/72 in red. Thanks for watching 

50368150581_354f1dbc0c_b.jpg

• Like 7