1/72 Revell Eurocopter 365 Dauphin 2 USCG

I do like the USCG schemes and colours so to test my orange gloss colour and helicopter building skills as an adult, il do this one to start. I remember my Westland Scout and Kamen Seasprite were tough as a kid and never tried a chopper since...

50036947922_4eb66d21cd_b.jpg

• Like 11

Nice one and look forward to following!

From memory, the white decals in this kit are very see-through so you might see your orange gloss peeking through them. :coolio:

You'll also need to blank out the left-hand rear window for a Coastie Dolphin and make some other changes if that's your thing.

Or just built it and enjoy!

Dream Model have a very tasty brand new kit of the Dolphin if you want to go crazy and build two...

Cheers,

Dermot

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Blimey a quick gloss varnish topcoat, no need to paint it job done !

Cheers Pat

Yep, back in the day ( maybe quite recently actually) that smart red plastic would have been plenty good enough,  nice little kit valk

• Like 2

Thanks for looking in gents, @Col. it does look and feel matchboxy. @JOCKNEY I’m tempted to just do that ha...

@Hewy yeah it’s a nice little Kit, should hopefully not take more than a few hours and bag me a quick start into the GB.
Started work on the cockpit, basic, though some colour will help bring it to life.

• Like 2

Main airframe came together quick but a lot of sanding will be required. Let this harden then it will get a shot of primer, then see how it looks

50054517042_b9b8965458_b.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 months later...

The thought of glazing this one and my mini disaster with the HH60 today put me off attempting this...but...having never been entirely sure of micro kristal klear the use of this coupled with such a great and easy fit of clear parts I round off my day at the bench really happy with the outcome

50337340103_85849bd09d_b.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Home made masking wasn’t easy on this and used the cover with tape and cut with a new blade technique. The kristal klear held up well. Just sprayed the orange there forgetting a base or pink primer. Looked great on the plastic but not the clear parts which form a door panel. Might need a second coat

50405573426_187151f070_b.jpg

• Like 3

Really nice finish for humbrol gloss orange, heinz tomato which I think it is bang on for. No pink primer this time and have to say I think the pink does improve the gloss orange.

Im going to hand paint the white, blue and black and will hopefully do that this weekend 

50410852843_479a429eb4_b.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks for the encouraging comments guys! Using @Ol' Scrapiron excellent reference photos I’ve started the detail painting. Seriously need to source more lifecolor matt black, best brush paint black about imho.

50416434197_723b8a8dfe_b.jpg

• Like 7