1/72 Special Hobby SNCASO Vautour IIN

Hello

Here is my 1/72 Special Hobby SNCASO Vautour IIN from the ECTT 01/030 Loire in 1961 on Creil Air Base.

This an old kit but easy to build except around the engine cowlings.

Patrick

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by VG 33
  • Like 62

Looks great! Very clean built. Some day I'd like to build an Israeli Vautour. I read somewhere that this is a tricky kit, so good to hear that you don't agree with that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everyone else who has posted has said what a great model and what a great finish, so I'll just add to that list - great model and a great finish.

• Thanks 1

Beautiful work 👍 Always fancied get one of the Special Hobby kit but never got around to it.

The only criticism I have is it would be nice to see the pictures a bit larger.

• Thanks 1

Very nice model of an unusual and distinctive subject. 

Always fancied doing an IDF/AF example but would prefer to do it in 1:48 scale.

Well Done, Sir !

• Thanks 1

Great result. Love the Vatour. 👍 I echo what others have said above...a great looking natural metal finish. I too have fancied having a crack at this kit. Nice to see this modelled.

Edited by binbrook87
  • Thanks 1

On 6/22/2020 at 10:33 PM, Doc72 said:

Looks great! Very clean built. Some day I'd like to build an Israeli Vautour. I read somewhere that this is a tricky kit, so good to hear that you don't agree with that.

Hello

I must confess that I am used to building Special Hobby kits so they seem easy for me. But this one is about ten years old and I can measure the progress made by the Czech manufacturer when I compare for example with the three Viggen I showed ten days ago.

Anyway, this one as I said is uneasy around the engine cowlings and between these and the fuselage unless you have small fingers. For that reason I did not follow exactly the instruction sheet by building these cowlings before gluing the wings.

Furthermore I scratch built the airbrakes as they are always open when the aircraft is on idle. This is just for security reason that they are closed in the museums.

I did not open the canopies as they are quite thick even though they are very clear.

This Vautour IIN was at the time in natural metal finish but my next Vautour IIB will be aluminium painted as they were after 1962 to fight against corrosion. I remember it was the same case for the Republic F-105 at the same time.

Cheers.

Patrick

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Val_Ukraine said:

She is real beauty! Very good assembly and perfect natural metal finish! And now I have an example to follow to build my Vautour. :thumbsup:

Thank you Valerii

My Vautour IIB is following soon.

Patrick

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tbolt said:

The only criticism I have is it would be nice to see the pictures a bit larger.

My pictures are limited to 1280 x 960 by my provider.

Patrick

14 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Superbe!

I am sure that @Wez will like this! :)

Martin

You're not wrong Martin, I do like that.

Patrick,

Well done, that is a superb result, very impressive.

I have one of these in the stash and I don't have small fingers, don't be surprised if I come asking for tips when I get around to making mine.

Again, congratulations.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Wez said:

You're not wrong Martin, I do like that.

Patrick,

Well done, that is a superb result, very impressive.

I have one of these in the stash and I don't have small fingers, don't be surprised if I come asking for tips when I get around to making mine.

Again, congratulations.

Yes I can give you some tips. And if Mister Covid allowed it I could go to Telford in November.

Patrick