Birdcage by Vought

15 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

My guess is he's got a bunch of his own minions locked in his basement

I hope not!

7 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

No Chris And Craig I promise no minions were enslaved or harmed by me

I'm very pleased to hear that, us minions have rights you know! A fact sadly overlooked by the good lady who would have me constantly making cups of tea if she could!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I get the SWMBO thing. Since I retired 5 years ago, it's taken the missus some time to get used to my ugly face around her 24/7. 

Chris

• Like 2

Well that's done, I needed to clean up my desk and storage drawers. This is what they looked like at about 2:00 pm. My desk top with some of the builds from the last year.  QWREaZY.jpg
The drawers and current kits on top. ytS1JC4.jpg

Inside the drawers. 

VCdFVJu.jpg

OsImvsE.jpg

Gk9BjWd.jpg

Its all cleaned off now, well except for the little storage drawers, paints, decal binders, and books. 

Dennis

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Its all cleaned off now, well except for the little storage drawers, paints, decal binders, and books. 

Hi Dennis,

We need to be able to post every emotion - I liked, laughed and cried when I saw your work bench. Only one I did not need was confused. I had two thoughts 1. 21 builds this year, you finally have come of age and 2. Your limitation is only bench space. Forget the carpet monster, the bench monster looks far more deadly.

Ray

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ray_W said:

Forget the carpet monster, the bench monster looks far more deadly.

Hey Ray this line is what made me laugh. You can see just how many I had stacked up, the last time I did a clean like that was about 14 months ago. So thats pretty much all the builds done since then.

2 hours ago, Ray_W said:

Your limitation is only bench space.

And storage space, i figure I have close to 250 builds in storage now. I need to do something with them all. I know it looks all very untidy but to me its an organized chaos that I know where everything is. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 3

Hello everyone... Well Ive gotten a little bit more done, and had a heck of a couple whoops moments also. I finished up the interior and then glued the fuselage up. 9wQRdUV.jpg

Rah2aAo.jpg

For some reason the underside shot of the cockpit vaporized. 

8PZadUe.jpg

This spine piece ⬆️ didn't fit on the port side so I added a little strip of plastic to fill the gap. 

TMy7Yjh.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and or ask questions. 

Dennis

• Like 7

Hello everybody... I was able to get the wings on this today. Some small gaps here and there but I'm hoping some compression and Tamiya extra thin will fill them. ut4Yu4i.jpg

hxBi7R3.jpg
Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and or add thoughts. 

Dennis

Just looked at the wing root, its fixed now and a quick run of surfacer should take care of the rest of it. 

• Like 3

Evening everyone... I was able to smooth of the few rough spots today. I used the homemade brew of PPP, and only need to re-scribe the filled lines that shouldn't be. Ih5YFf1.jpg

U6g2Ra1.jpg

6jd5Vdy.jpg

VyUFiSH.jpg

Dennis

• Like 6

Morning everyone... Well this is a quick build, shes ready for paint along with my Defiant and Spitfire. I was able to paint the engine tonight. 
gG9axDm.jpg

9faUWGT.jpg

kZEeFLx.jpg

It was then mounted. e7We17n.jpg

Emn3uP0.jpg

Nw1lkYh.jpg

t4zcvHp.jpg

LGSy0NU.jpg
The stabs are pretty square, which is always a sign of a good quality kit. Nothing I don't expect from Tamiya kits. 

EzzLvzN.jpg

SueBrdH.jpg

Dennis

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Col. said:

This one looks to be going well for you Dennis :) 

2 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Excellent work Dennis.

She really has gone together very quickly and very well too, looking forward to the paint.

Thanks guys... Shows you the difference between the 1970’s Otaki kit and the 90’s Tamiya. Just 20 years and so much better in quality and less likely to have age related issues. I think that the issue with my landing gear on the Otaki kit was due to the Tamiya extra thin and age of plastic. Im not sure but wonder if that plastic had gotten brittle over the years from storage. 

• Like 1

Morning everyone... I pulled an all nighter and sprayed three builds tonight. I was able to get the sky done on my Defiant and Spitfire builds. I also completely sprayed this build. 
xP7EZXQ.jpg

Qjm2bn1.jpg

O3Vhn1Y.jpg

RolT4jM.jpg
My new A/Brush has a .2 needle and this is mostly freehanded. The straight runs were loosely masked and I ghosted the lighter color over the darker blue-grey to give it a feathered edge. I will also need to redo the dark stripes inboard of the white on the lower wing as I think they're to wide. The white may also be too wide so may tighten them up as well. Otherwise I’m pretty happy with the results. 

Dennis

• Like 7

7 hours ago, modelling minion said:

That is really nice painting Dennis, your new airbrush seems to be working a treat.

Thanks Craig I still want to fix a couple of things and I may go over the upper blue with a third mix to lighten and fade it some. Though not as drastic as the fabric. I did my bare metal chipping on the last build and this one will get more fading to practice new techniques. 

• Like 2

Did some additional work today.TsDJvnd.jpg

This side looks great but will need to re-do the bottom. When I tried to tighten the stripe on the bottom, somehow I offset it from the stripe on top. So will need to repaint the lowers to get the stripes to jive. 

Dennis

• Like 3

Morning everybody... Fixed the white stripes (no pun intended) and finished the panel weathering. 9oW2UQu.jpg

sccD5EF.jpg

I personally think the blue to the inside of the white stripes is a bit wide. Here is the real deal.   6gPStOX.jpg

However with that being said, I’m not fixing these a fourth time. Please feel free to ask questions, post comments, and or add thoughts. 

Dennis

• Like 6

5 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Dennis she looks great.

The weathering of the panels is really good.

Thank you Craig, still trying to learn the new A/B and its getting easier. Its hard to see sometimes in my work area, i have to use angled light to see the paint. So in some areas I may have overdone the paint just because I couldn't see it hitting the surface. 

• Like 1