Eduard 1/48 Fw 190A-3

Here with my Eduard 1/48 Fw 190A-3 Weekend. I thought it would be interesting to see how long it took to build totally OOB - the only additions being an etched harness from an old kit and an aerial wire. Well it took a couple of weeks so even when I try to be quick, I still can't build fast! Very much enjoyed this kit - very little to complain about at all. The only thing I didn't like was the decals which wouldn't respond to any of my softeners too well and I got a little silvering on the wing walk markings which I had to touch up afterwards. I've always liked the early short nosed 190's and this kit is far far superior to the Hasegawa and Tamiya offerings - for one thing the surface detail is absolutely outstanding!

Finished as Yellow 11 from JG.2 and based as much as possible on the picture included -  found on the net.

Hope you like it

Cheers

Malcolm

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 30

3 hours ago, Tony Oliver said:

Very smart mate! 
Lovely wurger. 

Edit - interesting how dark the yellow decals are in your b&w pic...

Thanks Tony

Yes - interestingly, when I converted to B/W there were a number of options and they all looked significantly different. I used this one because it shows how potentially difficult it is to interpret B/W images and different films reacted differently.

Cheers

Malcolm

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

Really great 190, i like it a lot. Are the wings of the eagle painted?

Thank you Werner. No, the wings of the eagle were the kit decals - liberally coated with exhaust as per the original. The decals were odd - the black parts were very good but white and other colours were stiff and failed to soften easily.

Cheers

Malcolm

• Thanks 1