Touching up flourescent orange

goon

Hi All,

I'm looking for some tips for painting flourescent orange I'm using Zero Paints' flourescent orange on a 1/12 Mazda 787. It's a perfect match for the colour, but terrible to work with. It chips easily and I've also worn down the white primer when polishing it. It's impossible to touch in with the paint itself, and spraying it back in a again is impossible. Does anyone know of a good product for touching in flourescent orange?

Thanks for any help,

Gareth

I think you'll really struggle to find anything to touch up flourescent orange, chiefly because flourescent orange pigment is notoriously weakly staining. There is absolutely nothing you can do with the pigment to make it better at covering which doesn't immediately result in its high saturation coming crashing down towards grey. That's why it's hard to get an even coverage in the first place - each coat is very translucent. 

Thanks for the replies. I've got some decent results using Vallejo Model Colour 70.733. It's not perfect as win't take much handling but under a few coats of clear I think I have a solution.

• 4 months later...