Tamiya 1/35 M10 IIC 'Achilles'

Hello

This is my first complete 1/35 armour build for some time, and I was keen to try one of Tamiya's latest kits. And something that wasn't German! It obviously falls together with no problems, but as it's an open top vehicle there's quite a bit of extra work involved, at least in the turret - the hull interior, though, is very basic. Apart from the tarp on the turret counterweight it's out of the box. I never used to use kit supplied stowage, but I don't think it looks too bad in this case. The crew figures are outstanding mouldings, and very naturalistic. Best ones I've seen from Tamiya.  

Anyway, I found it a pretty involving build, especially as I haven't painted figures for quite a while, but good fun and I'm reasonably happy with how it turned out.  Thanks for looking in!

Ian

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 4509davidb said:

looks great    Those figures are impressive

Thanks. I do like how Tamiya sculpted them. The paint call outs are a bit weird though. XF-60 Dark Yellow with black berets. As they're green denims I used Vallejo Russian uniform green which looks ok to my eye.  And they're gunners, of course, not tankies, so khaki berets.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ernst said:

Nice clean restrained finish, I like the tension that the figures provide, it really adds.

Thanks Ernst. Possibly a bit too restrained. In reality the thing would probably have been coated with a much thicker layer of dust and muck, but I feel that sometimes weathering can overpower a model. I used some enamel washes and powders to do mine, with a bit of very subtle dry-brushing and a metallic pencil.       

• Like 1