Huma Flettner Fl 282

I've had this kit for a long time, it's one of the original Huma kits that used to come in a bag rather than the later boxed ones. I believe Huma as a manufacturer is no more which is a shame as they made some unique models.

This early one is very poorly pressed as the flash whilst difficult to photograph is extensive and will take a lot of time to get presentable, let alone foe the parts to fit together.

It also looks a tail sitter so I'll need to work out where to add some weight.

Photos below

IMG_5050

IMG_5051

IMG_5040

Good luck everyone

Cheers Pat

• Like 16

Another interesting subject choice Pat. As for adding any weight to that flimsy undercarraige; good luck with that! Might be easier and safer to fix the whole assembly firmly to a base.

• Like 1

I'll be watching this build carefully. I have a later boxed issue of this in my stash with a different sprue layout, proper printed instruction booklet, and very little flash. Interesting. Huma obviously re-tooled this at some point.

• Like 1

On 24/06/2020 at 17:02, Fifer54 said:

I'll be watching this build carefully. I have a later boxed issue of this in my stash with a different sprue layout, proper printed instruction booklet, and very little flash. Interesting. Huma obviously re-tooled this at some point.

Can't interest you in a swap so you can improve your flash removing technique can i ? 😉

cheers Pat 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Can't interest you in a swap so you can improve your flash removing technique can i ? 😉

cheers Pat 

Aaaah..... No, you're alright . . .

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pat,

I am worried! Have you been kidnapped by aliens? Your build silence is  so loud!

OK, this is the pot calling the kettle black! OOOPS, can I still use that word when talking about a kettle?!!!

Cheers mate! I shall patiently wait for the aliens to spit you back!

JR

• Haha 3

Apologies everyone especially @jeani have been very remiss in not starting these builds until i have finished my B-17 "Bit of Lace" in the kit i built as a kid GB.

I will be making progress on this soon.

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have been giving this one a bit of thought, for a couple of reasons.

1. The kit itself is going to require a lot of preparation to clean up all the parts and....

2. There is currently one listed on ebay claiming the bagged ones a rare at £40 !

So as i wouldn't want to stop anyone giving me that sort of money for it, ive sought out the RS version as i intend to build that one instead. 

I'll post side by side pictures for comparison as it looks at first glance like the same kit.

Pictures later

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

So as i wouldn't want to stop anyone giving me that sort of money for it, ive sought out the RS version as i intend to build that one instead. 

It sounds like a plan Pat, but you have opened the bag...... that will knock a few quid off :facepalm:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

The bag wasn't sealed in the first place, although I dont think the air in the bag will now be original  !

As long as you put that in the item description you may be ok. 

• Thanks 1

Right so let's compare the Huma and the RS kits

IMG_5108

Huma is the white one on the left RS the grey one on the right. Some close ups next

IMG_5109

Moulding quality and flash quantities leave a lot to be desired 

IMG_5110

Definately a different kit, which also includes additional parts to enclose the cockpit, which the later versions of this aircraft had. Plus etch and decals for the instruments.

IMG_5111

So I will be swapping to the RS version, all Huma collectors please form an orderly queue 😉

Cheers Pat

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

No wonder somebody is asking silly money for the Huma one on eBay; look how much extra plastic is included! :huh:

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

There is, or was, a comparison build of both the Huma and RS Models Flettner on IPMS Deutschland the RS Models comes out the worse accuracy wise. It's to short and the fuselage is wonky because of this and the details on the RS Models come out smelling like roses. So the best line of attack is to combine the two together and make a stunning model. I found the article.   http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Flugzeuge/Rummer/Flettner_FL282/Flettner_Fl282.html

Edited by Bobk
  • Thanks 1

Apologies this one has completely stalled due to too many other builds and lifes normal distractions. 

This one will be finished either in another appropriate GB or likely a candidate for the next KUTA GB.

Cheers Pat