Ian McQue Inspired Flying Rig

Finally got this painted up and weathered. Thanks to everyone who followed along and offered encouragement. I really appreciate it. 

This was painted with Mission Model acrylics and weathered with oils and enamels. There's a fine line between too much and way too much. Not sure where I landed.

In any case, this was really fun to build. Thanks again for tuning in.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 41
  • Thanks 1

Fabulous. Just right and obviously made for some industrial purpose. We'll never guess what, but.....

You could have put large numbers or graffiti on the side, but no, you kept it understated. I like that.

The weathering is neither too much, nor too little. Just right.

All in all, perfect.

• Like 2

The grime on the windscreen is the master stroke for me - yes it flies and hovers, but still needs windscreen wipers - they just add a touch of reality to an unreal project. Awesome - keep them coming!

• Like 1

Having just recently finished watching Tales from the Loop on Prime, that wouldn't look out of place in that show. 

Lovely build.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Stunning! I remember the start of this but obviously missed the end.

I really really like how slab-like it is, a huge brick with tiny flippers, like an elephant seal of the skies. You can see the McQue connection but it's its own thing too.

Will

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I like that, sorry for missing it the first time around. Having been educated through these pages in the works of Ian McQue, I wasn't going to miss out this time. I do like that, understated but very convincing. 👍 

Steve.

• Like 1