“Irene!” Task Force 160 in Somalia - now with Photos!!

hahahaha very funny. You will all be very jealous soon....and I'll be able to spend more time of here annoying you lot! :D

5 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Are the display shelves for the shelf queens? :whistle:

Let those who are free of Shelf Queens and have no shelves/boxes of Doom cast the first stone! 

...anyway an't you lot meant to be building models rather than just hanging around make the place look untidy? 

What kind of exercise do lazy people do ?

Diddly-squats

German lorry driver sat in Liverpool bar mouthing off about how lazy the British are...

He says 'I drive my truck from Hamburg to Liverpool via Holland/Belgium over to the UK and up to Liverpool, drops his load off and back to Hamburg in under 2 days.

Drunk old scouse man can't help but hear him and mutters 'F*** off lad, I used to pick my load up in Liverpool, drop it off in Hamburg and make it back to Liverpool the same day!'

German man, gives a sarcastic laugh and replies 'Oh yeah old man, what rig were you driving?'

Old fella replies 'a f***ing Lancaster Bomber!!'

• Haha 1

Oh no, @trickyrich has mentioned the war,

Listen, don't
mention the war.

I mentioned it once,

but I think I got away
with it all right.

So, it's all
forgotten now

and let's hear
no more about it.

So, two eggs mayonnaise,
a prawn goebbels,

a herman goering,
and four colditz salads.

Wait a moment, I got
a bit confused here.

I got a bit confused

'cause everyone's
mentioning the war.

So, could you...
what's the matter?

It's all right.

Is there
something wrong?

Will you stop
talking about the war?

Me? You started it!

We did not start it.

Yes, you did,
you invaded Poland.

Classic Faulty Towers, and surprisingly the most popular episode in Germany. 

• Haha 6

well the big move is Friday!!! :yahoo:.....though I'll be more like :zombie: at the end of it!

In the meantime I have been busy setting up the new dungeon with a window.......I now have shelves!!!

61631161901__1E4DE748-EC21-48BF-A0B7-935

I have to admit putting these up was very stressful, the sheer weight of the glass meant I needed to screw the uprights to wall studs, not the easiest of tasks....

One car load of models later..

61639692289__5FEAD1FD-CD72-428A-8461-1EB

IMG_4585-L.jpg

......... and I may not have enough shelf space. I need more shelves!! :yikes:My wife reckons I need less models!!!! :rant: I reckon I'll soon be needing a shovel! :D

• Like 7
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

That’s a great demonstration of what shelves are for. You will have loads of room if you just display the ones you have built and give all those back to the neighbours kid :rofl::whistle:

I am slight concerned about the need to display your scrunched up bit of tissue, I make Little H use a bin. :rofl:

• Haha 2

haha.... and no one yet has noticed the "Shelf Queens" on the top shelf! :D

There's still some serious sorting out to do yet when the rest show up!

Plus there's a new addition the the stash as well..........I've mentioned way tooo many time how rigging scares the :poop: out of me!! So in a fit of madness/insanity I bought a Wingnut Wings Gotha G.1!!!!!! It's monstrous (27"+ wingspan) and a rigging nightmare........think I need a bigger shelf!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

I am slight concerned about the need to display your scrunched up bit of tissue, I make Little H use a bin. :rofl:

opps I didn't notice that..... :D

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

There's still some serious sorting out to do yet when the rest show up!

Plus there's a new addition the the stash as well..........I've mentioned way tooo many time how rigging scares the :poop: out of me!! So in a fit of madness/insanity I bought a Wingnut Wings Gotha G.1!!!!!! It's monstrous (27"+ wingspan) and a rigging nightmare........think I need a bigger shelf!!!

Or some actual will power. 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

I had, I was just being polite for a change!

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

opps I didn't notice that..... :D

I’m not sure what would be worse, your tissue or your 144 budgie smugglers 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

I’m not sure what would be worse, your tissue or your 144 budgie smugglers 

I think both are equally bad.

But bless him for not being able to contain his excitement at his new play room/dungeon, just lucky he had a handy supply of tissue.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

I think both are equally bad.

But bless him for not being able to contain his excitement at his new play room/dungeon, just lucky he had a handy supply of tissue.

I so nearly wrote something along the same lines with his tissue. 

Lets just hope he had the one way glass in the right way. 

• Haha 2

Nice shelving Rich :) I take it they're suitably reinforced to take the weight of all that resin? :redx:

8 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Oh yes we did, that poor neglected Su-24 needs some love you lazy slob! :whip:, but at least there's room for Schrodinger's Draken :whistle:

8 hours ago, trickyrich said:

...of shame?

• Haha 2

hahaha it's a regular comedy fest here.........though

without any actual comedians!!  :tease:

I'm sure you lot have some models you're meant to be building........come Saturday (will have finished moving) I'll come track you all down to make sure you're actually building something and not just hanging around making the place look more untidy than it is! :D

1 hour ago, Col. said:

Nice shelving Rich :) I take it they're suitably reinforced to take the weight of all that resin? :redx:

Oh yes we did, that poor neglected Su-24 needs some love you lazy slob! :whip:, but at least there's room for Schrodinger's Draken :whistle:

...of shame?

I was actually more worried that the wall could take the weight!! Those glass shelves are heavy!!

Arrr yes the poor old Su-24..... little of the original Trumpy pile of :poop: remain, complete front and rear are new resin. She's actually primered and ready for painting, I just need to make the digital masks for her on my cutting machine. 

• Like 3

As there’s no building going on here, we may as well continue with the hijack

Proper Man cave

A4636D26-E8D7-47D6-BA12-47D595238CC6

Stuff everywhere, room for an arm chair to ponder the great mysteries 

352C8352-6139-4234-A988-85B6FDD3DD3B

Not a queen among them

148271C3-D70A-417C-B21E-A8E0B488EA28 67B72E34-FBCF-40CA-87D7-53E61EB6C950

• Like 8

And great photos, you managed to hide your corner/wall of doom very nicel Plus you need to hide the price tags on those completed models you bought!!  🤣

• Haha 2

Get that Lancaster fixed! ...and those Ducati built! Although anyone with that many Harrier is alright by me :D 

Edited by Col.
  • Haha 1

I would try to come up with something witty in reply...... but I can’t be stuffed! :sleep_1: Am too tired from the move. Both places look like a bomb hit them!

but with maybe a little bit of luck I maybe able to drag a model out on Sunday!! :yahoo:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, modelling minion said:

If you want to wear drag on Sunday that is entirely up to you.

Especially as you have that one way glass installed.

Have you noticed you never see Rich and Dame Edna Everage in the same place at the same time ?:hmmm:

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Have you noticed you never see Rich and Dame Edna Everage in the same place at the same time ?:hmmm:

And he spent most of the bum fight telling us not to call him Shirley! Here we were thinking it was “Airplane” quotes, when all along he was worried about revealing his new alter ego Shirley Everage, disgraced daughter of Dame Edna after the great tissue incident. 

• Haha 4