Airfix Sea King binned.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi folk's number two for me is Airfix's newish tool kit.It popped up on ebay for twelve quid minus the Norwegian decal's but the RAF scheme is quite nice

and I might try and find some other decal's for it.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Welcome to the winter decals from mine if you want to brave such a tricky scheme :) 

Thank's Stu not got the patience but my eldest did a great job on that scheme,similar to your Chinook question I might see if it's possible to model

the apollo recovery HC-3 from the kit.

11 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Thank's Stu not got the patience but my eldest did a great job on that scheme,similar to your Chinook question I might see if it's possible to model

the apollo recovery HC-3 from the kit.

I think Starfighter Decals recommend this kit for just that purpose - and of course they do some nice decals for it as well.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, modelling minion said:

All this modern plastic is going to completely ruin your modelling equilibrium Steve!

Well as it happens I was thinking of making it a double build Craig with the original SH-3 as well I have one more idea for scrathbuilding the missing 

glass otherwise the kits never going to be built.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Col. said:

Sounds as if this is going to get interesting Steve :D 

Cheer's Col the kit arrived today still sealed so hopefully I can make up for my attempt of a few years ago of the rescue boxing which was a disaster!

• Like 1

On 27/06/2020 at 14:11, Hockeyboy76 said:

Hope to see some photos and progress soon Steve. 

Thank's HB,here's the box content's but I've started the Mi-8 first,when I decided to do a Sea King I  bid on this and a Fujimi S3H but forgot about it once this

was bought,just popped on E-bay to find a payment reminder for the Fujimi kit which finished at a strange £13:69 this morning so another one on the way!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Evening folk's with the Mi-8 complete time to look at the Sea King,now I'm certainly notan expert so I've done the interior assembly as Airfix 

suggest but I would assume a dozen different interior fits for these airframes.Here's the interior ready for paint.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, modelling minion said:

That looks to have gone together nicely Steve.

It is a beauty Craig  I wish they'd re tooled the Sh 3 with all those schemes out there!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

That looks a busy interior. 

It's beautifully done HB should look good under paint pity not a lot will be seen.

• Haha 1

Evening folk's,out with the paint for this one as usual a hundred photos gives a hundred different interiors and other modellers takes on the interior

so just to give it a busy look here's mine I'm sure the purists will see faults I'm not convinced this layout is correct for this machine but it is what it is.

• Like 5