Zvezda 777-300ER questions

Take care with the bottom wing seams running the length of the wing. Mine kept popping open for some reason. Other than that, the kit is an absolute joy to build!

2v2HACh8Wx6cVaN.jpg

2v2HACVyTx6cVaN.jpg

Edited by GRIM REAPER
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, GRIM REAPER said:

Take care with the bottom wing seams running the length of the wing. Mine kept popping open for some reason. Other than that, the kit is an absolute joy to build!

Duly noted and thanks for the information.

On 21/06/2020 at 23:15, Abandoned Project said:

Just picked up one of these and it looks good.

Yes it does look good and as everyone says is a dream to build, it's also very easy to convert to a -200 with a fuselage chop, aftermarket engines and wingtips, even easier to convert to a -200LR or a-200F needing only the fuselage chop.

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Turbofan said:

it's also very easy to convert to a -200 with a fuselage chop

Ask @Scotsman07 about converting a -300 to a -200. He's already done a lovely job of one.

Oh! look who else has done the conversion

Who'd have thunk it!;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anything with a similar size and shape tail that PIA used in the 1980's ? I feel a Whif coming on. Or maybe Thai Int'l Airways B772 decal set if one exists?

Update; Panic over, I'm going with some City Bird decals going cheap* on the big H.

*No pun in ten dead ;)

• 5 months later...

I bought one 777-300ER for the landing gear and wheels for my 747-600 and after asking for additional wheels in various places (including the wanted section) I find myself faced with the prospect of having to buy another just for the wheels as would work out cheaper than buying two resin sets. So, anybody got some spare wheels after building an "in flight" 777-300? Or wants to make me an offer I can't refuse for the 777 I am thinking of buying? It's just I don't fancy having 2 "in flight" 777s and SWMBO will object to my justification for the necessity of the purchase for spare parts.

Edit; the day has been saved by @Turbofan top bloke extrordinaire!

• 3 weeks later...

A question about this kit, in the instructions in the factory livery it shows the wings and stabs being painted #6 which is aluminum according to the color codes? The engines are the correct #30 grey.. I assume this is an error in the instructions and the wing and nacelles should be the boeing grey with the aluminum/silver leading edges just like every other boeing pre 787?

Edited by Chris Ashley

Just had a chance to check your paint numbers. I see you have bought the Zvezda version. The Revell instructions state 371 grey for the wings with 90 silver for the leading edges. For the grey (on both engines and wings) I would go with Halfords racking grey (RAL 7035) and your favourite silver for the leading edges.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I have another blue question! Having been warned that Revell painting instructions are not always accurate I decided to cross reference the Boeing house colours in the Revell 777-300ER with the Zvezda 767-300, same livery equals same colours right? When painting the Boeing house colours Revell say to use Revell blue 51 which equates to Humbrol 48 while the Zvezda instructions say to use Humbrol blue15 which equates to Revell 54 so my question is, which is correct or are they both wrong?