WWII - 1/35 french infantryman with bike

So my matchbox mystère build has got to  the point where there is going to be lots of “waiting for things to dry” so I’ve decided to start this to fill the gaps 

spacer.png

was going well cleaning parts for the figure but went down hill on the bike with a dose of “ amazing jumping PE “ - need to scratch build replacements now ☹️

Anyway that’s it for today will pick up again tomorrow evening

• Like 5

Managed to get the bulk of construction on this done today as the matchbox mystère panel line oil wash is still curing 

spacer.png

spacer.png

the bike is extremely fragile - painting will be interesting 😳

figure is almost done just need to add the missing parts of straps with strip and green stuff and then he will also be ready for paint 

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

With the Mystère finished ive returned to the french infantryman. 

I’ve sorted out the missing straps with plastic strip and green stuff and have started painting. Uniform is almost done just a glaze to go to tone it down a tad and blend it together. Base coat and initial wash also done on the bike
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 4

On 12/07/2020 at 23:41, Nathanrobert86 said:

Amazing how little French infantry kit changed between WW1 and WW2.

It went through its biggest upheaval between 1914-1917.  At the start of the war they were still wearing blue tunics and red trousers, the cavalry was even worse, they were wearing polished breastplates and fancy helmets with plumes. 

Apparently the general staff thought the sight of the French troops proudly wearing their national colours would put the fear of God into the enemy and make them turn around and run, sadly, it just made them more obvious targets.  Verdun changed a lot of that thinking.

Dean,

Great model, hat's off to you sir!  Very realistic.

• Thanks 1