Mig-25 Stupid question time.

Doug

1: Was the Mig-25 that was flown to Japan a production model or a prototype? 

2: The NM panels on the underside of the rear fuselage, did they only cover the rear most quarter of the airframe or did they extend forward almost to the rear of the main undercarriage bays as shown on some models? I understand this is a hard question as the grey painted area and the NM panels are indistinguishable.

TiA, Doug S. 

Edited by Doug
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Planebuilder62 said:

Hi

Is there a good kit in 1/72 of the Mig 25P?

regards Toby

I am quite sure ICM will follow up its RBT downscale and also relesase a P / PD / PDS version rather sooner than later 

if urgent, I think the Condor release is considered the better interceptor version out there in 72....

There is an earlier (2008) mould ICM MiG-25PD out there: link.  Not as nice as the newer mould R models but still by no means bad and I'd say it was nicer than the Condor release (I've got both, but kind of stalled on the Condor)

And yes, I know the question was specifically about the P ... 

Edited by Vultures1
Add info
  • Like 1

Nice link Vultures. The Scalemates site gives the PD instructions — scroll down and you see what's grey and what's NMF...

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/1/5/7/130157-96-instructions.pdf

Pretty certain the P was the same — the changes concerned the nose and radar gear, and the PDS was an upgraded P.

Maybe too big for some, but I love the ICM 1/48 editions of the Foxbat. Aerocraft is working on brass gear for those, to add strength and give it the right gait, and XMM some lovely inlets. We've gone from almost nothing to Foxbat nirvana over the past decade.

Tony 

Edited by tony.t
render link effective
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, tony.t said:

Pretty certain the P was the same — the changes concerned the nose and radar gear, and the PDS was an upgraded P.

We've gone from almost nothing to Foxbat nirvana over the past decade.

Tony 

Thanks Tony

Yes, my understanding is that the external differences between the P and the PD (and PDS as an upgraded P) were relatively few, and easily achievable with a few mods depending on how motivated one is feeling

Plus I liked 'Foxbat nirvana' - never thought I would be able to have a 1/72 MiG-25BM without a lot of scratchbuilding but the ICM looks like a beauty (in the box, anyway)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vultures1 said:

Yes, my understanding is that the external differences between the P and the PD (and PDS as an upgraded P) were relatively few, and easily achievable with a few mods depending on how motivated one is feeling

You'd need to splice in a small plug aft of the radome, since the PD / PDS has a nose a bit longer than the P.

Cheers,

Andre

3 hours ago, Hook said:

You'd need to splice in a small plug aft of the radome, since the PD / PDS has a nose a bit longer than the P.

Cheers,

Andre

Simples! 😉 Or remove a small slice to back-date a PD/PDS to a P.  Some of the panel lines around the nose would need rescribing too