Audi sport quattro, Pikes Peak 1985

Super decals, good to see Michele's name on there!

• Thanks 1

Thank you gentlemen, you are most kind.

8 hours ago, PatW said:

Super decals, good to see Michele's name on there!

Thanks. Yes, the most important detail. Five more of her quattros are coming, sooner or later...

2 hours ago, Andy J said:

The wheels and tyres look great and the shell is coming along nicely well done 👍

Couldn't have put it better myself.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Andy J said:

The wheels and tyres look great and the shell is coming along nicely well done 👍

14 hours ago, klubman01 said:

Couldn't have put it better myself.

13 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Yep, I'm still very impressed by those tyres! It's all coming together really well!

Thanks a lot. I'm quite happy with how the tyres came out. I'm not sure they are the 100% correct pattern for this car at this year, but I looked at Pikes Peak car tyres, possibly Peugeots, of the same era when they were modelled.

The windscreen was fitted.

sq55.jpg

And the first side window.

sq56.jpg

Soon followed by the rest.

sq57.jpg

Almost at the last possible moment I realized that I should use the "quattro" rear window on this car instead of the plain one. It's very difficult to make out from the references I have access to.

sq58.jpg

The rear wing and oil cooler fitted. It's time to make sure everything is clean inside and join body and chassis/interior.

sq59.jpg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Hamden said:

Stunning looking body shell and the chassis is very neat. 

Not far to the finish now!

Thanks a lot, it's pretty much finished now; 10 years later...

2 hours ago, Pouln said:

Very realistic model. Well executed.  Love it.

Thanks a lot, glad you like the work.

34 minutes ago, Cooper645 said:

Just read the entire build. Fantastic job. I hope you also have the time to complete the rest of the Quattro fleet

Thanks a lot, I'm continuing with the three older ones now, hoping to get them through as well. Time will tell.

So there are only the wheels left to fit. Not much to dwell on. Alignment while the epoxy cures.

sq61.jpg

After the glue had fully cured I put some weight into the tyres as usual, and this is what it looks like in the end.

sq62.jpg

I thought about some weathering but nothing is decided yet, I will continue with the older quattros and see what I feel like later.

sq63.jpg

No, I don't know why this had to wait 10 years... 🙄 I will sort some more photos for the RFI-section a little later.

• Like 10

Looks stunning as is and the Pikes Peak cars would not have been that dirty just a bit dusty anyway.

Nice workmanship and superb paintwork as always with your work, looking forward to the rest of your Quattro collection now!

Roger

• Thanks 1

Absolutely lovely quattro! Personally I never weather my car models preferring them to look like they are at the start of the event. But I've no doubt if you do weather it, you'll make an excellent job of that too!

looking forward to future quattros....!!

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a fabulous build Sir! Well worth the 10 year build.

I'm relieved that another also realises the Beauty and Brains of Michelle, following the RAC Rally around at the time in the company of Lancia fans was worthwhile every time one of them shot past.

Having missed all the earlier conversions I had high hopes for the new kit :( I hope somebody does a new Transkit for the Pike's Peak car. Those tyres look superb for 10 year old 3D Printed items, somebody was at the cutting edge!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hamden said:

Looks stunning as is and the Pikes Peak cars would not have been that dirty just a bit dusty anyway.

Nice workmanship and superb paintwork as always with your work, looking forward to the rest of your Quattro collection now!

Thanks a lot Roger, you are most kind. A new thread is coming up soon as I will try to get a few more quattros finished.

5 hours ago, Andy J said:

Looks superb and the wheels and tyres are awesome. Great work on this one very enjoyable to follow 👍

Thanks a lot Andy, glad you like the work. I'm quite happy with the wheels, better than I hoped actually.

3 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Absolutely lovely quattro! Personally I never weather my car models preferring them to look like they are at the start of the event. But I've no doubt if you do weather it, you'll make an excellent job of that too!

Thanks a lot Keith. Weathering race cars is a difficult call. It can look great when done right, but done wrong it's just a spoil. I'm always wary of doing it, but when I do it I usually like it. But soon you also have to make a small diorama base, for it to come together...

2 hours ago, SleeperService said:

I'm relieved that another also realises the Beauty and Brains of Michelle, following the RAC Rally around at the time in the company of Lancia fans was worthwhile every time one of them shot past.

Having missed all the earlier conversions I had high hopes for the new kit :( I hope somebody does a new Transkit for the Pike's Peak car. Those tyres look superb for 10 year old 3D Printed items, somebody was at the cutting edge!

Thanks a lot! I hold Michèle Mouton in very high regard, I so much wish that she would have claimed the 1982 world championship title she so well deserved. An amazing driver indeed, right at the very top!

Now with Beemax releasing the Sport quattro soon, so they say, we might very well see a conversion set of decals and wheels for the 1985 Pikes Peak car. Let's hope for it. If not we might have to attend to it.

1 hour ago, Steve Noble said:

Looks stunning!!! Enjoyed following your build 👍 

Thanks a lot Steve, I'm very happy you enjoyed it.

• Like 1

As you know a lot about Audi Quattro's I was wondering, seeing a new release in the pipeline from Beemax Platz/Nunu would this car be the same as used by Michelle Mouton in the 1984 Rac rally? I'd really like to build it if so. I know obviously it was in a different colour scheme on the '84 Rac..

20200713-213021.jpg

Edited by Steve Noble