1/48 Kfir C2 FAE (Kinetic)

This is the Kinetic 1/48 Kfir C2 which I started in 2014 and dumped on the shelf of doom in frustration. I thought the lockdown was an ideal opportunity to give it another go, so here it is.

Decals by Aztec, paints used were Tamiya and Mr Hobby Aqueous, weathered with oils and pastels (eye shadow). A layer of dirt hides a multitude of sins (or something to that effect), so I've gone for quite dirty!

3kwQrW.jpg

3kw6kc.jpg

3kwhMz.jpg

3kwtAn.jpg

3kwUQ1.jpg

3kw45Q.jpg

3kwXVj.jpg

3kwfd5.jpg

I'm not entirely sure the loadout is correct - I may be 2 Mk.82's too heavy, in which case I probably have the world's fastest armed land vehicle, but I like it that way!

Thanks for stopping by, hope you like it :)

• Like 72

6 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

Sounds like it was quite a difficult build but it sure looks great to me!

Thank you. I'd say more niggly than difficult. It was a case of every single part needing clean up, light lenses were undersized, that kind of thing. All part of model building I know, but not stuff that I find enjoyable!

wow!

what a fantastic Kfir! glad you did not dump it! 

I hope you can live with some questions! 

How did you like the Aztec decals? I did a Sri Lankan one maybe around your staring time frame, and I liked them, but not easy to use at all ( a bit brittle, difficult instructions, etc) 

The shoulder mounted pylons are the ones that are usually seen with LGBs, but I do not see any reason why dumb bombs could not be fitted!

the center fuel tank you did has 3 fins mounted. I think I have not seen this before... I know that the 500l wing tanks of Israeli origin have such an arrangement....

thanks, 

again great work!!

:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, exdraken said:

I hope you can live with some questions!

Of course, no problem Werner. I thought if anybody notices these things it's going to be you 😆.. In fact, I considered sending you a PM asking about the loadout but decided against it in the end because I was always going to hang as much as I could underneath and accuracy took a back seat for various reasons!

17 minutes ago, exdraken said:

How did you like the Aztec decals? I did a Sri Lankan one maybe around your staring time frame, and I liked them, but not easy to use at all ( a bit brittle, difficult instructions, etc) 

I think the short version is I wouldn't recommend them.

Like you, I found them pretty hard to work with. Firstly, one of the sheets had grit between the paper and decal, like someone had dropped it on the floor and printed over it anyway. Registration was not very good either - if you take a close look at the hot air warning marks, you may notice the decal is red printed over white, except the colours don't line up. The white walkway lines are not great quality either, with what looks like 'bleeding' in some places. The instructions were hard to decipher and impossible to read on one of the sheets - I had to email Aztec to ask for a better quality placement guide, which to their credit they did (within 48hrs). I also found they were very sensitive to temperature and the optimal temperature range was very small, which meant changing the water often.

The decals were the main reason for me losing any interest in accuracy.

32 minutes ago, exdraken said:

The shoulder mounted pylons are the ones that are usually seen with LGBs, but I do not see any reason why dumb bombs could not be fitted!

the center fuel tank you did has 3 fins mounted. I think I have not seen this before... I know that the 500l wing tanks of Israeli origin have such an arrangement....

See above :D

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick answers!

I do have bith Aztec Kfir sheets, and was wondering if I did everything as supposed to... ;) changing the water soinds like a good idea next time!

Maybe I will do another one... one day ;)

• Like 1

Great, an elegant aircraft in an interesting camo. Glad you decided to finish it.

37 minutes ago, Avgas said:

Like you, I found them pretty hard to work with. Firstly, one of the sheets had grit between the paper and decal, like someone had dropped it on the floor and printed over it anyway. Registration was not very good either - if you take a close look at the hot air warning marks, you may notice the decal is red printed over white, except the colours don't line up. The white walkway lines are not great quality either, with what looks like 'bleeding' in some places. The instructions were hard to decipher and impossible to read on one of the sheets - I had to email Aztec to ask for a better quality placement guide, which to their credit they did (within 48hrs). I also found they were very sensitive to temperature and the optimal temperature range was very small, which meant changing the water often.

The decals were the main reason for me losing any interest in accuracy.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, doesn't sound encouraging :confused: I have their decals as I plan to do a Jaguar in FAE markings and was wondering about their quality. Hopefully it will not end on the Shelf of Doom as well (it is too big already :P).

Cheers

Markus

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Shorty84 said:

Thanks for sharing your opinion, doesn't sound encouraging :confused: I have their decals as I plan to do a Jaguar in FAE markings and was wondering about their quality. Hopefully it will not end on the Shelf of Doom as well (it is too big already :P).

Cheers

Markus

Hopefully yours are better than mine were. Mine are dated 2013 so if yours are newer then perhaps there is hope!

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Hello Avgas,

Your restart seem to have worked very well.

Superb detail and finish+photography.

Regards, Orion

• Thanks 1

Great job......I've always been amazed by what the Israelis managed to hang off such a small aircraft in the way of stores. Your FAE Kfir underlines this.

Well Done, Sir !

• Thanks 1

Thank you guys :)

3 hours ago, Tiger331 said:

Great job......I've always been amazed by what the Israelis managed to hang off such a small aircraft in the way of stores. Your FAE Kfir underlines this.

Well Done, Sir !

And a special thanks to you Tiger331 for sending me replacement wheels years ago, as I had buggered mine up!