Games Workshop Pox Eaters

I used to paint figures about 25 years ago and then stopped. Since getting back into modelling I have mainly been making planes.  However my son is now 7 and has started wanting to play Warhammer 40k.   I couldn’t resist having a go at painting a few Pox Eaters from the starter set.  All feedback my appreciated.   Dave

50028788001_479fb41954_b.jpg

50028248013_55d983c831_b.jpg

50028788036_6b1066bcec_b.jpg

• Like 6

Brilliant job! I've got quite a stash of GW stuff and keep meaning to do a few of the figures but other projects keep getting in the way! 

What paints did you use on them?

Regards,

Steve

49 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

Brilliant job! I've got quite a stash of GW stuff and keep meaning to do a few of the figures but other projects keep getting in the way! 

What paints did you use on them?

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve

i picked up some of the GW paints as I had been meaning to try them out for other things.  The washes in particular are great.  I have the specific paint combos written down somewhere if you would like be to post them. 

D

• Like 1

Aye up Dave,

I've been using the GW paints for a few years now and really like them for detail painting 1/35th scale armour and figures. As you say the washes are brilliant, especially Agrax Earthshade. I've recently decanted some paints into dropper bottles which worked better than i thought it would! Thanks for the offer of the paint combo's, and if its not too much trouble then please post them up as i'm sure others would benefit from them too 👍

Regards,

Steve

They look great to me. Will we be seeing a few more from you or are you going to let your son paint a few as well? If you are starting of with the GW contrast paints is a great way to get some good results without to much technical painting. Splodge them on over a bit of zenith highlighted primer and they look even better.