The Nugget Buster South Pacific Style

Weathered and paint buffed down to metal in spots.

50152878316_c850aac890_c.jpg

Once the gear is added then the start of the coral dust weathering with a light dust coat of light salmon.

50152878321_85144cb9b1_c.jpg

I'll add the decals next let them dry then finish up the weathering leaving the canopy and prop to complete last.

• Like 5

Before finishing the final weathering I was going to attach the exhaust pipes underneath, but unfortunately I have misplaced them somewhere. Probably find them after I do this. BUt I took a section of plastic hollow rod and cut along the bias to make the pipe.

50156877832_5675b9a416_c.jpg

Properly painted up so it can be seen easier.

50156644621_0d66118046_c.jpg

Couldn't resist I had to put a bullet hole through a prop blade and yes, a goony bird decided to do what gooney bird while sitting on the prop tip , or what all birds when they prop themselves on an object.:oops:

50156877817_1e193f79ff_c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

Couldn't resist I had to put a bullet hole through a prop blade

That would've vibrated something fierce, if all the bullet holes didn't do it, the scary vibrations of an unbalanced radial and prop would have.  

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

I don't know what the nugget was doing with that prop but he did manage to chew it up some and letting that bird sit on it welllll I dunno.....

Back to the plane.

50156644596_4f1ae83f87_c.jpg

After attach the decals and letting them dry I gave a light coat of pastels,(light tan,ochre,burnt sienna, white, dark gray) then a light coat of clear lacquer to seal all it in.

South seas islands are either really dusty, or really wet and yucky. to do a little more "Yuck" a coat of watered down radome tan to simulate mud splashing and spotting.

50156088683_1856911e15_c.jpg

50156877787_0f31b49363_c.jpg

Once dry it will give the illusion of mud,salt and sand build up.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

That would've vibrated something fierce, if all the bullet holes didn't do it, the scary vibrations of an unbalanced radial and prop would have.  

Oh I agree, and would have to be replaced before this plane flew again.  But goes to show you, she's brutish enough to get a nugget home safe even when he's not smart enough yet to. I don't think I would want to be around the crew chief when this plane landed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

I don't think I would want to be around the crew chief when this plane landed.

Yeah Gettin the Chiefs plane all banged up and full of holes would not put the nugget in the chiefs good graces that's for sure. Im thinking the nugget would owe the chief at least a good bottle of liquid comfort for the pain of seeing HIS plane shot up. 

And the antenna wires. EZ LIne for the wires and very fine wire for the twisted insulator. Also found out the early Corsairs took an idea from the British with IFF signals. two additional wires were run from the outboard horizontal stabilizers to the fuselage on both sides. 

One side received the interrogation  signal the  other sent the response. The British used them on Spitfires in early 1940.

50157335281_2193e616f7_c.jpg

50156780303_9335607a19_c.jpg

Finally added the poor beat up prop.

50157571592_dfec022369_c.jpg

50157335251_6c6638fa79_c.jpg

• Like 8

Once dried a light coat of Clear Flat and there you are. She's a little ragged around the edges but she's always brought her Nuggets home safe. I hope you all enjoyed this little journey. My final photos are now posted in the Corsair STGB Gallery. Thanks for following along. Until next time.

• Like 4