WNW KITS AVAILABLE - HLJ

redcap

I ordered form MBK last Friday, notified yesterday they're packed and on their way.  I guess by the way the stock went down they were a bit busy!

• Like 1

Late last night the DHL tracker updated to say that my package was in the destination country.

When i tried to check This morning the tracker was not working but at that very moment there was a knock at the door and there they were !

• Like 1

Andys HHQ sold out of everything within 5 minutes.  I’m surprised they had so little for $50,000 of stock, only 13 aircraft skus, maybe just lots of each.  Gutted I missed out on a post war Bristol F2b, there’s something about a silver aircraft flying over the Pyramids that makes me want to build one.

29 minutes ago, sanfrandragon said:

Andys HHQ sold out of everything within 5 minutes.  I’m surprised they had so little for $50,000 of stock, only 13 aircraft skus, maybe just lots of each.  Gutted I missed out on a post war Bristol F2b, there’s something about a silver aircraft flying over the Pyramids that makes me want to build one.

This does not bode well for my stash.  

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, sanfrandragon said:

Andys HHQ sold out of everything, only 13 aircraft skus, maybe just lots of each.  

MBK, who supposedly bought all remaining stock from WnW and did the deal with Andy's HHQ, appeared to have a similar limited range of WnW kits available. It does make me wonder what the status of some of the other kits that were still available at WnW when they closed the doors is. Are they (WnW) still holding onto stock to cover back-orders and does that account for the discrepancy or is there actually no discrepancy at all?

Duncan B 

40 minutes ago, sanfrandragon said:

They added a couple of Camels overnight, also now sold out.  Interesting these are selling out within minutes yet MBK still have stock left.

From what I understand, MBK bought the complete stock remaining directly from Wingnuts then sold one container's worth to A HHQ so that would explain it.

Duncan B

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2020 at 6:57 PM, Bear Paw said:

This does not bode well for my stash.  

Yes this was a bit of an obscure comment.  What I meant was as a modeller I bought a lot of these kits for my new retirement only to end up with an asset that is gaining in price and no others to be produced.  😏

• Like 1

I strongly doubt MBK got the entire stock. There were many types still available at WNW that did not show up at MBK. They must’ve had plenty of Albatros kits left, for instance. Or at least I hope so, because I want one (to normal price).

12 hours ago, Torbjorn said:

I strongly doubt MBK got the entire stock. There were many types still available at WNW that did not show up at MBK. They must’ve had plenty of Albatros kits left, for instance. Or at least I hope so, because I want one (to normal price).

I thought there were plenty other kits still available at WnW when they shut the doors too but remember WnW stated they would service all outstanding pre-orders once they were able to so so that could account for the remaining Albatros kits (which were all sold out at WnW's Distributors so numbers must have been getting low anyway) and others.

With regards to the others they possibly didn't have enough of each in stock to make it commercially viable to sell them on to a large Distributor, remembering that it is far easier (therefore cheaper) to ship multiple complete cartons of 12 kits than to box up individual kits and manifest them (and WnW don't have any employees anymore so this would be hired in staff doing the packing and shipping). Also a large Distributor like MBK won't be interested in taking the time to list one of X kit and 2 of Y kits on their websites as that takes time for an employee to process (therefore a cost implication) when the same employee can be more efficiently be processing 100 of X and 50 of Y. The remaining kits are probably still in stock at WnW to be sold off via the website or through Weta's website once they get themselves organised for the final clearance.

Duncan B

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Torbjorn said:

Except for the one at their homebase in NZ, Wingnut Wings had three more warehouses scattered around the globe: Netherlands, USA and Hong Kong. Modellbau König acquired the stock from the warehouse in Hong Kong. Andy's Hobby Headquarters acquired another one (USA?).

3 hours ago, RHWinter said:

Except for the one at their homebase in NZ, Wingnut Wings had three more warehouses scattered around the globe: Netherlands, USA and Hong Kong. Modellbau König acquired the stock from the warehouse in Hong Kong. Andy's Hobby Headquarters acquired another one (USA?).

Netherlands warehouse is owned and operated by Weta as part of their own business function if I remember correctly. The Wholesale to their main Distributors was via the Hong Kong warehouse and WnW NZ dealt with the public and smaller retailers like myself directly which was why, occasionally, I was still able to source some of the kits when the big Distributors had run out, e.g. the original Pfalz D.III kit, because the HK warehouse had sold out but WnW NZ still had stock.

I did look at Weta in early June but their stock was gone already by then so I don't think they were holding that much at the time of the 'lockdown'. I have no idea how much stock was held in HK or was in transit to the Distributors at the time of lockdown and wonder if MBK's recent intake was actually a restock that they had already ordered before the shutdown. That could explain the limited range of the stock they got in.

Duncan B

On 8/2/2020 at 8:50 AM, RHWinter said:

Andy's is closely associated with MBK.  The shop and the website got their stuff from MBK, in one shipment each.  There were a lot of some and very few of others.  plenty( about a dozen) of DFW, late and early, AEG, late and early, Salmson, DH9, both versions, about half a dozen Felixtowes, a few odds and ends of the camel line (not a great quantity of each), a couple of the Camel/LVG duelist.  That's about all  I remember.  I was in the shop when it opened on Wednesday, and picked up what I was interested in.  On Saturday, there were still a few left.  But that is the shop, not the website.  No online sales of stock from the shop.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, elderly said:

i noticed that MBK had some more stock in today ......... but almost all of it has gone already.

Yes they did including (strangely) some of those Alb DV/DVa & Pfalz DIIIa 'specials' without the decals that WNW never actually released officially and which were a steal at about EURO60 @. They had all sold however by the time I randomly happened upon them whilst checking the status of a pending order I have with them so they must have gone quickly...not too quickly however to bag the last of the Le Rhone Camels they re-listed mind!

Gary

• Like 1