WNW KITS AVAILABLE - HLJ

redcap

On 7/16/2020 at 11:29 PM, Marcus.Q1000859 said:

Is there a way to have to the VAT removed to ship outside EU?

Even when I put in my NZ address it bills at the VAT inclusive price.

Thanks

Most retailers do it automatically, only some of the smaller ones do not have that functionality. I just tried MBK: when changing delivery address from an EU address to a non-EU the VAT is set to zero in the checkout price. You might have to registered and logged in to see it.

edit: it actually says changes form X VAT to 0 VAT - but it still shows the same total price!

Edited by Torbjorn

Well I've bagged a D.VII 'early', Goering D.VIIF and the Camel/LVG Duelist boxing. All pretty much post free it seems! Now you watch, Hannants will tell us that they have received their delayed Wingnut order! But, make hay whilst the sun shines. We could all become eBay millionaires on Wingnut kits alone!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Simon Cornes said:

Well I've bagged a D.VII 'early', Goering D.VIIF and the Camel/LVG Duelist boxing. All pretty much post free it seems! Now you watch, Hannants will tell us that they have received their delayed Wingnut order! But, make hay whilst the sun shines. We could all become eBay millionaires on Wingnut kits alone!!

I think MBK bought the lot, lock stock and barrel.  Not the molds.  they are staying where they are for now, apart from the Meng one.  

7 hours ago, Bear Paw said:

Hi Duncan, having bought a few WNW kits from you in the past I am feeling your ‘if only’ on that one!  I am am surprised you didn’t insulate your loft with the whole range?  That is where I would fail at the selling ‘thing’.  
Andrew. 

When I first got them in I wasn't really personally interested in the majority of them as they were the 'wrong scale' and the 'wrong War' for my tastes. That changed over time but I always thought I had plenty of time to get the ones I wanted.

Duncan B

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RobStewart said:

I think MBK bought the lot, lock stock and barrel.  Not the molds.  they are staying where they are for now, apart from the Meng one.  

It's possibly what they had on order at the time of the lockdown just getting to them now?

Duncan B

25 minutes ago, Duncan B said:

When I first got them in I wasn't really personally interested in the majority of them as they were the 'wrong scale' and the 'wrong War' for my tastes. That changed over time but I always thought I had plenty of time to get the ones I wanted.

Duncan B

Hello Duncan, obviously timing is everything.  I am currently making the early version of the WNW AEG which is by enjoyable but I wish I had not checked the current price it has just sold for on eBay!   
I am eyeing my stash now with a different look with the prices doubling+

• Like 1

MBK bought out all the available stock, and their share of it was shown in the photo they posted.  They are selling this from their site, as we know.  The rest of it is coming to the US and to one retailer/webstore only.

Andy announced this on his facebook page today.

"COMING SOON!

Exciting news!!! A HUGE truckload of WINGNUT WINGS is en route to Andy’s Hobby Headquarters & AndysHHQ.COM. Over $50,000 in inventory will be arriving shortly. Unfortunately, we are unable to take preorders or hold product at this time, so please no phone or email inquiries. More information on specific kits and quantities will be available soon, so be on the lookout for further details in the coming days. As always, we appreciate the opportunity to earn your business. Stay tuned!"

10 hours ago, Bear Paw said:

Hello Duncan, obviously timing is everything.  I am currently making the early version of the WNW AEG which is by enjoyable but I wish I had not checked the current price it has just sold for on eBay!   
I am eyeing my stash now with a different look with the prices doubling+

I haven't looked at the eBay prices and doubt I will. I have the Greentail Trilogy and the RE8/Halbi Duelists along with a few singles like the Snipe Post War but intend to keep them to make at some point. I was actually walking through to the stock to take the last Bristol Fighter Postwar I had out of stock for myself when it sold back in June and I do regret not having grabbed it earlier, the DH.9 Postwar will make up for it though.

Duncan B

22 hours ago, Duncan B said:

I didn't keep more WnW kits for myself when I had the chance though, there is a moral in there somewhere.

There is, but not the one you were looking for: "Don't get high on your own supply" :D

Cheers,

Stew

• Haha 1

Resistance is futile....couldn't stop myself ordering the Camel BR.1.

I didn't see any free postage though, had to add the 12 EUR DHL option.  Still not a bad price though.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Viking said:

I didn't see any free postage though, had to add the 12 EUR DHL option.  Still not a bad price though.

I nearly went for a BR.1 but figured that if any of the older WnW kits do resurface in the future surely the Camels will be amongst them so held off (stereotypical Scotsman!).

Duncan B

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Viking said:

I think it is EURO 100+ to qualify for free post ...you may have well bought a second kit and put the EURO 12 towards that !😁

Gary

15 hours ago, redcap said:

I think it is EURO 100+ to qualify for free post ...you may have well bought a second kit and put the EURO 12 towards that !😁

Gary

Ah, that makes sense Gary. I had to do a risk assessment on the domestic consequences of ordering 1 kit though. Ordering 2 would have exponentially increased the risk of having to honour to my promise to redecorate the house during lockdown, instead of using the time to build more kits 😉

• Haha 4

On 17/07/2020 at 17:41, RobStewart said:

Interesting, so the other moulds are still owned by Wingnut Wings?

5 hours ago, sanfrandragon said:

Interesting, so the other moulds are still owned by Wingnut Wings?

That was what I was told, yes, about a month ago.

During the conversation I was told the above, I was also told that MBK bought the remaining stock of kits and would distribute them from their website, and that AndysHobbyHQ would get a load and would be the only US retailer for these, from the shop and from their website.

We now know that the latter parts were correct information.

Edited by RobStewart
Updated information

The Australian On the bench podcast interviewed a former employee of Wingnuts Wings last month who had been with the company from the set up.  He was pretty sure that the moulds will never see the light of day.  They are owned by the company.  
It was hard to hear that the Lancaster had been in development for 10 years and was on the brink of production, along with the HP 0/400.  
I don’t think the whole range will be produced again when these have gone there will be no more by the sound of things.  
If you some kits make them and be happy.  

I ordered 4 kits from MBK on Friday when they were announced and they arrived today which is good going when you consider what's going on at the moment.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, FZ6 said:

I ordered 4 kits from MBK on Friday when they were announced and they arrived today which is good going when you consider what's going on at the moment.

Still waiting on mine but they won't be far away. 

Duncan B 

On 7/21/2020 at 8:51 PM, FZ6 said:

i too ordered two last Friday, they were dispatched quickly but according to DHL tracking they are still in Germany.

i ordered a further two the next day and they are being packed today.

i now have three Camels ( BR.1, Le Rhone &  USAS )  two 'invested' for my grandsons and one me to build.

I'm trying to decide which one should remain mine :).

Edited by elderly
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, elderly said:

i too ordered two last Friday, they were dispatched quickly but according to DHL tracking they are still in Germany.

i ordered a further two the next day and they are being packed today.

i now have three Camels ( BR.1, Le Rhone &  USAS )  two 'invested' for my grandsons and one me to build.

I'm trying to decide which one should remain mine :).

Mine arrived today, ordered around a week ago.

Duncan B