WNW KITS AVAILABLE - HLJ

redcap

12 minutes ago, melvyn hiscock said:

I am sadly still waiting for the broken bits to be replaced on my Herman the German DVII. Hannants just passed responsibility to WNW. I have emailed them too but nothing.

might be refund time. Shame, as that was one I wanted to make

That's pretty poor and shabby by someone like Hannants Melvyn and if you raised this when they still had them in stock, then they should have (either) sent you spare parts by cannibalising another kit, or, completely replacing the entire kit and then getting a trade refund on the duff one. IF they were aware of this when they still had stock, then clearly greed and shortsightedness in getting caught up in the last minute buying frenzy which exceeded supply overcame their normally very good customer service.

By effectively transferring 'the problem' to you despite buying it from (them) - and knowing your chances of a resolution with WNW now are probably zilch - then IMHO it reflects very badly on their hard won reputation.

I hope you get sorted out but a full refund may be the way to go as clearly the kit if damaged is 'not fit for purpose' as sold. Good Luck!

Gary

Thanks Gary, 

consumer law is pretty clear in this but Hannants appear to have hoped that WNW will send me the sprue, and in fairness to them, as I asked them (WNW) straight as soon I could see what Hannants were up to, they offered to replace the sprue but I have not seen it. 

I did get the two kits I ordered from them (WNW) which is fine and honourable, but which for some reason they sent as two separate packages. Not an obvious problem as shipping is included in the price, and I have no problem with paying my import tax and duty, well, I don't like it, but it is legal taxation and so is part of the transaction, but they also sent with those money grabbing (insert word that Britmodeller would edit here) FedEx. FedEx are renowned for adding on more than is necessary, and in this case it was £12.00 per model for some office droid to press a button marked ‘rip off punter’ and press it twice, once for each box, so £24.00 for an automated process that triggers another automated process that simply transfers the tax and duty over to H M Government.

Would anyone from FedUpWithFexEx like to comment why this particular terminal cancer patient is getting shafted?

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 12:01 PM, melvyn hiscock said:

I am sadly still waiting for the broken bits to be replaced on my Herman the German DVII. Hannants just passed responsibility to WNW. I have emailed them too but nothing.

Afternoon @melvyn hiscock Can only quote you the 'law of the land' relevant to England and Wales. These being "Consumer Rights Act 2015" revised in 2019,

you also have the fall back of the "Sale of Goods Act 1978" which is still relevant (acording to HMG), but has been altered in part by the initial act(s) quoted.

First port of call is the retailer you purchased from. If Hannants have NO stock with which to replace, their ONLY recourse is to offer you a no quibble, refund in full. 

As the original company is 'no longer trading', the end result is again, as above.

From what I've heard the WnW moulds were made by two Far East Companies, Mengtm  and 'A.N.Other'? Meng are putting out the new DR.1 (in a limited number,

according to the big H, of a 1000 units.) Relevant to you is what we don't know, being, who owns the other (already produced) moulds, WnW, Meng or A.N. Other?

The next question would be, when they will see the light of day again?

You won't get to build the kit, but at least you can recoup you original investment.

Paul

Hi People, a word of warning:

I don't want to put a dampener on peoples' partying about WNW on HLJ but I ordered a kit from there (Fine Moulds Porco Rosso 72nd) which was dispatched on 7th May.  Still not here and as it was only a small package no tracking number.  HLJ don't know if it has even left Japan yet.  they've advised be to let them know at the end of July if it still hasn't arrived.

Larger parcels that don't go via the small package route may be quicker as they go via other couriers

I ordered a WnW Hannover with HLJ lately. Kit and packaging/shipping/whatever were not expensive at all and the package arrived here in Germoney quite quickly. (Then, two weeks later, I received another receipt from FedEx, claiming another 35,- €uros for customs and some (handling?) fee...) 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RHWinter said:

I ordered a WnW Hannover with HLJ lately. Kit and packaging/shipping/whatever were not expensive at all and the package arrived here in Germoney quite quickly. (Then, two weeks later, I received another receipt from FedEx, claiming another 35,- €uros for customs and some (handling?) fee...) 

This has been my experience with HLJ. Every Fedex delivery has been followed by an invoice for VAT plus collection fee, usually with two or three weeks delay.   Some of the prices of WnW kits at HLJ are still quite reasonable, even factoring in VAT and the collection charge.

Edited by iang

10 hours ago, iang said:

Some of the prices of WnW kits at HLJ are still quite reasonable, even factoring in VAT and the collection charge.

... especially when you take in account that WnW has ceased to be and their kits will disappear from the shop shelves soon. 

All carriers will send you a VAT invoice like that (or you may have to pay when you pick it up at the post station if you have that as an option). What may differ is the handling fee they charge, but I haven’t seen any carrier that stands out in this regards. I doubt you can get much below 35€ for tax+fee for a WnW twoseater bought outside EU (in the best case you can practically get around the handling fee through a wholesaler, which would save you 10-15€ tops).

Edited by Torbjorn

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/06/2020 at 13:43, colin said:

HLJ postage rates have sky rocketed lately and then add 20% vat and the Royal Mail ransom and they don't seem so cheap

Yup. I had been putting off shipping from my private warehouse as long as I could in hope all postage methods would become available, but still no change. It's becoming prohibitive to ship from HLJ, which used to have some really great rates.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 8:31 PM, iang said:

This has been my experience with HLJ. Every Fedex delivery has been followed by an invoice for VAT plus collection fee, usually with two or three weeks delay.   Some of the prices of WnW kits at HLJ are still quite reasonable, even factoring in VAT and the collection charge.

Had a delivery from Fedex and a few weeks later their invoice for vat and handling charge, sent them a letter saying I knew there would be a vat charge  when ordered but nowhere did it say I would be charged a handling fee and they should take it up with the company that sent it to me

Inclosed a cheque for the vat with the letter and never heard anything back from them.Now this was a few years ago, I think now you have to settle the invoice before they will release the item for posting, bit like RM ransom, if you don't pay we don't deliver

Further to Colin's post re Fedex.

I got my WNW kits from HLJ just over 2 weeks ago (x3 I ordered) and thought I had 'escaped' VAT only to have a UK VAT and 'Handling Fee' letter drop on the doormat this weekend. There were about 5 pages of A4 and looking at them, it looks like HLJ or Fedex actually notify HMRC whats in the parcel and the value (the package was totally untouched and with the invoice still inside the parcel unopened) so they calculate the VAT (which Fedex pay) and they then chase you for it along with their £12.00 Handling Fee to pay it.

There is no 'ransom' to pay in advance of releasing the parcel like with PF but it's still a legal debt owed to HMRC that of course I will have to pay back to Fedex.

It bumped up the costs by 70 quid but that is still (much) better than eBay prices ATM and I factored it into the overall costs anyway; getting away with no VAT would simply have been a bonus.

Other than those kits I can readily source here in the UK, moving forward I think I shall stick to the more flexible and 'creative' China sellers for anything else when buying my kits and using the money I have already been taxed on several times over.

Gary

Thanks for the tip-off Torbjorn, I have just ordered the LVG & Camel duo for a great price (and free post using DHL option!).

Much obliged for giving us notice MB had some in stock.

Gary 

9 minutes ago, redcap said:

Thanks for the tip-off Torbjorn, I have just ordered the LVG & Camel duo for a great price (and free post using DHL option!).

Much obliged for giving us notice MB had some in stock.

Gary 

Maybe I should’ve mentioned thehey have plenty others too, including Camels and other popular items. :)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Torbjorn said:

Maybe I should’ve mentioned thehey have plenty others too, including Camels and other popular items. :)

Actually, I had a sneaky second look and couldn't resist a couple of DVII's (Early) kits either! Thanks mate and once again, appreciate the tip off.

Gary

14 hours ago, Torbjorn said:

Someone wanted a D.VII? Two sets (Fok early and Göring pack) are available at modellbaukoenig. Also the Duellist double-pack with the R8 that has been going for silly money at ebay.

WHY did you have to tell me this, my credit card has just crawled out of my wallet and is hiding under the fridge (the great thing about credit cards is they are not very bright and alway hide in the same place, now my debit card is a ba*tard and last time it ran away he realised HE had the money and booked a week for himself in Corfu)

Those kits are not going to last long.....so........tempting.........

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Marcus.Q1000859 said:

Is there a way to have to the VAT removed to ship outside EU?

Even when I put in my NZ address it bills at the VAT inclusive price.

Thanks

There should be a way or for claiming that back. Search VAT 

actually start here and be prepared for a lot of reading but you should be owed it back

https://www.concur.co.uk/resource-centre/reports/vat-and-hmrc-compliance-tips-free-ebook?gclid=CjwKCAjwmMX4BRAAEiwA-zM4JswCUsKAvaBUr3DXG_rU5UtSp_Mw6Z-zkf7g7jupxZ7LJu1B4xRaXhoCEEcQAvD_BwE&pid=ppc&cid=uk_goo_web_brm_claim_vat_back&ef_id=CjwKCAjwmMX4BRAAEiwA-zM4JswCUsKAvaBUr3DXG_rU5UtSp_Mw6Z-zkf7g7jupxZ7LJu1B4xRaXhoCEEcQAvD_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!5231!3!219611091536!b!!g!!%2Bclaim back %2Bvat

I have just bought my last Wingnut Wings kit the Sopwith 7F.1 Snipe “William Barker” from Modellbaukönig GmbH & Co KG.  I paid £92 including postage and package and taxes and I am pleased with that.  It is the maximum I am going to pay for a kit of this type.  I have all the Wingnut kits I want now. I think the prices will now drift out of my reach as a finite resource disappears.  

I just grabbed myself a D.VII early and a DH.9 Postwar from MBK and am feeling very pleased with myself. I am still kicking myself that I didn't keep more WnW kits for myself when I had the chance though, there is a moral in there somewhere.

Duncan B

1 hour ago, Duncan B said:

I just grabbed myself a D.VII early and a DH.9 Postwar from MBK and am feeling very pleased with myself. I am still kicking myself that I didn't keep more WnW kits for myself when I had the chance though, there is a moral in there somewhere.

Duncan B

Hi Duncan, having bought a few WNW kits from you in the past I am feeling your ‘if only’ on that one!  I am am surprised you didn’t insulate your loft with the whole range?  That is where I would fail at the selling ‘thing’.  
Andrew. 

• Haha 1