WNW KITS AVAILABLE - HLJ

redcap

Just letting the members know that HLJ look like they have bagged a stash of WNW kits which are showing as 'arriving soon'.

You may want to take a look and see if anything grabs your attention if future availability is a concern. VERY reasonable prices inc. Barker Snipes at £65.00 Plus P&P of course. Looks like (all) the kits they have are limited to 1@ per customer. I have just ordered 4 different ones and had a 'confirmed' invoice sent to my PM.

Got to be a better bet than the eBay frenzy ATM.

Good Luck.

Gary

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 6/20/2020 at 11:45 PM, Orso said:

Wish I had room for that scale.

The WINGNUT WINGS  1/32  Sopwith Pup RNAS  (32016) is not very big? 25cm x 18cm.  

Edited by Bear Paw
Missed info.
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 8:42 PM, redcap said:

Just letting the members know that HLJ look like they have bagged a stash of WNW kits which are showing as 'arriving soon'.

You may want to take a look and see if anything grabs your attention if future availability is a concern. VERY reasonable prices inc. Barker Snipes at £65.00 Plus P&P of course. Looks like (all) the kits they have are limited to 1@ per customer. I have just ordered 4 different ones and had a 'confirmed' invoice sent to my PM.

Got to be a better bet than the eBay frenzy ATM.

Good Luck.

Gary

HLJ postage rates have sky rocketed lately and then add 20% vat and the Royal Mail ransom and they don't seem so cheap

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Orso said:

Yes that is true but I like to have most of my planes in the same scale. I bought the WNW Junkers but got rid of when I saw the size.

Yes the Junkers J1 is not a small plane in 1/32 50cm x 21cm but the D1 is 28cm x 21cm. 

Hi Colin. My Sopwith Tripe which was the first to become available has just been posted was £13.00 P&P (not bad from Japan IMHO) and even with VAT added, it is still about £40.00 less than current eBay prices.....and in 12 months time...?

The other 3 on order, I will have those posted as a job lot to cut down on the pernicious PF "Handling" fee.

Gary

1 hour ago, redcap said:

Hi Colin. My Sopwith Tripe which was the first to become available has just been posted was £13.00 P&P (not bad from Japan IMHO) and even with VAT added, it is still about £40.00 less than current eBay prices.....and in 12 months time...?

The other 3 on order, I will have those posted as a job lot to cut down on the pernicious PF "Handling" fee.

Gary

You will enjoy the Triplane Gary, it's a wonderful kit. I enjoyed the one I just finished so much I ordered another from HLJ. Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bear Paw said:

It must be expensive to buy any Wingnut kits now from anywhere I presume?  

Especially on ebay! I'm hoping that some retailers had a big order in before the trouble started so that we can have a chance to buy at a normal price. Hopefully these amazing kits will resurface at some point soon. It would be a great shame if they didn't.

40 minutes ago, KITCAT said:

Check Ebay folks someone in the UK is offering a WnW's HB W29 FOR £825.

That is disturbing but I suppose it is inevitable? 
I have the WNW HB W29 in my stash and the price tag on it says £119.99 and my local model shop gave me 10% off as a regular customer.  
It is going to be a dilemma that everyone with these kits is now going to face. As soon as you start a kit it is only natural that you think about the money side of things. 
I bought my collection with the idea of providing me with plenty to do in my up and coming retirement. I now find my self sitting on some kind of investment stock!  Not what I wanted at all.  
I will make mine but I must be honest and say the money is a bit distracting. 
ls anyone else in this situation and if so how many WNW kits do do you have in your stash and are you tempted by the filthy lucre?

Andrew. 

Edited by Bear Paw
Change words
  • Like 1

What you need to look at is the sold prices, as they may be asking these prices but these things just go round and round usually and are never sold. I have seen some kits up for sale for 4-5 yrs and not selling at the stupid prices asked, but sometimes someone may pay it.

Edited by ocatlub

I have been looking at the sold prices for the kits I have and the price has doubled and in a few cases trebled.  
The prices are only going to go up I presume?   

Be careful  of paying over the top price for WNW, esp if you are aiming to build, some of the tooling has been taken over by the contractor which happen to be Meng and the first release a Fokker DR.1 is due end of August into the UK

RRP from Creative Models is £69.99 somewhat cheaper than the original WNW price.

Of course if its for collectable side of the hobby then there will be a value in models in their original WNW boxes.

Edited by TIGER HOBBIESLIMITED
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Bear Paw said:

I have the WNW HB W29 in my stash and the price tag on it says £119.99 and my local model shop gave me 10% off as a regular customer.  
It is going to be a dilemma that everyone with these kits is now going to face. As soon as you start a kit it is only natural that you think about the money side of things. 
I bought my collection with the idea of providing me with plenty to do in my up and coming retirement. I now find my self sitting on some kind of investment stock!  Not what I wanted at all.  
ls anyone else in this situation and if so how many WNW kits do do you have in your stash and are you tempted by the filthy lucre?

Andrew. 

Oh yes you've read my mind. I have 57 unmade WNW kits (including two Green Tail sets so the actual number of kits is 61) in the stash and the current prices they are reaching is very tempting but once sold they will be gone for ever.

I was fortunate in starting to buy when they were first released and then my daughter moved to the US and I had all my purchases shipped there, dollar to pound exchange rate good, no import VAT/handling charges, so was able to buy a couple more each time and I then brought them back to the UK whenever we returned from a visit.

Could sell a few but currently I'm loathed to sell anything! Don't really want to think about it!!!

Edited by PDH
Grammar

2 hours ago, TIGER HOBBIESLIMITED said:

Be careful  of paying over the top price for WNW, esp if you are aiming to build, some of the tooling has been taken over by the contractor which happen to be Meng and the first release a Fokker DR.1 is due end of August into the UK

RRP from Creative Models is £69.99 somewhat cheaper than the original WNW price.

Of course if its for collectable side of the hobby then there will be a value in models in their original WNW boxes.

I am not buying any original WNW kits after the closure of the company as they are too expensive.

I have 42 unmade kit sets with some duplicates so I am fine. I have a pe-order in for the Meng Dr 1 and so it will interesting to see what that is like.  

Andrew. 

Lots of opinions on WNW prices.

All I said in the original post was that HLJ has (had) some at (relatively) reasonable prices in the current climate. Whether they are deemed 'worth it' at those or any prices they see is for the individual to decide.

Personally, I don't see them getting cheaper going forward and whilst some of the 'bankers' like the Albs, Camels and DVIIs may get  bought up (IF sold) as circumspect mould purchases and later reappear in different company boxes, I have no realistic expectation that about 90% of the more esoteric and less mainstream (and money spinner) subjects in the original WNW range will ever see the light of day again in any box.

Gary

7 hours ago, Bear Paw said:

Andrew. 

I have 11 in the stash and am retiring in the next few years too. The thought has definitely crossed my mind but I would far rather build them myself than profit from the demise of Wingnut Wings and take advantage of people with far more money than sense. I will see if I still feel the same way when I'm short of money in the coming months!

• Like 2

I am one of the guilty parties. I only had 4 kits; a couple of different Camels, a Dolphin, and a Junkers D.1. I paid about $80 apiece on these; netted over $700 on the sale. I liked them, but was probably never going to get them, so I don't feel too guilty over taking the cash and running. 

I started building my first WnW kit as the prices started to go through the roof. I had a little chuckle to myself about the fact that it was actually worth something before I started it but it's a kit to be built and I'm not precious about these anyway. I do wish I'd kept a few more for my own stash but when I first started selling them I wasn't actually that interested in the scale or the genre but grew to like them as time passed. Right at the end I did pay Big H full price for a (Göring) F. D.VII after I'd sold out because I really wanted a D.VII and kicked myself that I hadn't kept an 'Early' when I had the chance. It cost me half again to get some decent decals for it!

Duncan B

30 minutes ago, Duncan B said:

I started building my first WnW kit as the prices started to go through the roof. I had a little chuckle to myself about the fact that it was actually worth something before I started it but it's a kit to be built and I'm not precious about these anyway. I do wish I'd kept a few more for my own stash but when I first started selling them I wasn't actually that interested in the scale or the genre but grew to like them as time passed. Right at the end I did pay Big H full price for a (Göring) F. D.VII after I'd sold out because I really wanted a D.VII and kicked myself that I hadn't kept an 'Early' when I had the chance. It cost me half again to get some decent decals for it!

Duncan B

Don't worry Duncan, got two of the Fokkers and lots of the little Fokkers with sexy decal sheets, with Herman the German sold off and a trip today to a well known model shop along the M62 corridor = happy days.

• Like 1

I am sadly still waiting for the broken bits to be replaced on my Herman the German DVII. Hannants just passed responsibility to WNW. I have emailed them too but nothing.

might be refund time. Shame, as that was one I wanted to make