Tool Stand - EBMA Hobby & Craft

Julien

Tool Stand

EBMA Hobby & Craft

spacer.png

We all have a plethora of tools bought over the years and storing them can be pain at times, even more so for the modellers who dont have a dedicated area to work in.  There are lots of brands on the market, and many of them use MDF (Medium Density Fibreboard) or Perspex that is laser cut to shape and can be self-assembled, which is great for keeping shipping costs to a minimum.

EBMA have created their own line of racks, drawers and tool storage etc made from MDF that are pre-cut ready for assembly.  This one is designed for tools and comes in a modular design for the main area allowing the modeller to choose how they wish to configure it. There are two of the "pliers racks" seen here on the right, three of the "file bins" seen in the centre, and 3 of the "brush bins" seen here on the left. There are storage areas in front of the bins, and underneath three slim drawers.  

spacer.png

Rack filled with random tools/brushes to give an idea of use

spacer.png

Construction is simple, and will require some PVA to glue the outer sections together, and having some clamps handy will be a boon for getting strong joints.  The joints will also be stronger if you use proper woodworking PVA glue, which can be sourced online easily and cheaply if you’re in need.  Instructions are found online to save paper and cost, and yes you do really need to look at them. If you have built any kind of flat pack you already know this! This set like many others from EBMA comes with little magnets which you can use for to keep more than one of their modular units together. 

Conclusion

This is a well designed storage system for all modellers which will help keep your tools together so you dont spend time hunting for them.

Very highly recommended.

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of

logo.gif

• Like 4

Thanks for the review, Julien. It looks like a great edition to anyone's workbench.

Is the MDF sealed in any way? I remember reading years ago that MDF dust is very bad for the lungs if it's inhaled.  

Cheers.

Chris. 

Edited by spruecutter96
Correcting a typo.

Hi Chris,

When we first started the laser cutting I wanted to make the units in ply but the initial tests weren’t promising so we had to resort to mdf.  My thoughts were the same as yours.  However, a bit of research found that whilst this was originally true things have moved a long way.  To cut a long story short the mdf is safe and this is even certified for use in California.  I’ll try and track down the literature tomorrow (it’s been a long while since I’ve looked for it so I may be sometime).  The data sheet for the mdf is linked below.  In the meantime the wood we use is a product called Medite Premium.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Medite Premier MDF Data Sheet

Edited by Andy G
  • Like 2

@Andy G

Just visited your web site, looks interesting except for the fact that just about every link under "Information" returns an error message:

Not Found

The requested URL /delivery was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.34 (Amazon) Server at www.ebmahobby.co.uk Port 443

Gerry

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GerryW said:

@Andy G

Just visited your web site, looks interesting except for the fact that just about every link under "Information" returns an error message:

Gerry

Thanks Gerry, I've sorted the issue.

Ive  two drawer sets one of three drawers and the  nine drawer I can  say that they are a fantastic product and a boon for the modeller looking for storage

Easy to assemble  ---------------------easier then a Dragon kit !!!!

Thoroughly recommended

D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1