1/144 vulcan

Hi

This is definitely a build I would class as ‘one for the shelf’, but I am glad it’s finished.

The kit is the GWH version and is actually really nice. I would try another one, maybe all white next time.

I would have liked a wrap around camouflage pattern, but the masking was killing me....so I went for the extra dark sea grey underside instead!

Victor next I think.
Hope you all like it!

regards

Vulcan

Vulcan

Vulcan

• Like 29

If the thread title hadn't said it was 1/144 I'd certainly bet it was a bigger scale. Beautifully built and painted.

Thanks guys.

Yes, the Valiant is the Mikro-Mir kit.....fitted where it touched and was a bit of a challenge!

I am hoping the Victor will be a fun build :).

• Like 1

Very nice kit, I've got three although the two I built were major conversions to the Vulcan B1a variant. Got one stashed that I might do as a K2 tanker.

Your Camouflage pattern looks pretty good, it's hard to get it to look right on the V Bombers (I've painted it enough times to have more than my fair share of mess ups).

Any more pictures of your Valiant? I am considering the insane idea of building the mikromir kit (might try to make some corrections along the way). 

2 hours ago, tim d said:

I am hoping the Victor will be a fun build :).

which Victor kit would that be? All the modern ones are pretty good but I'd avoid the ancient Revell/matchbox one. 

Thanks Adam. I mucked up the panel line wash, but by then I just wanted to get it on the cabinet. I would def do another one, but Will plan it better next time!

The valiant kit is.....interesting to build. I did do it a while ago, but remember the fit being slightly challenging, but it was ok. 
There are some more pics of it on an earlier post of my 1/144 builds, about a week ago I think. But see below for one

I have the 1/144 GWH victor K2 kit, I am hoping to do it as Teasing Tina, I am trying to do a Mildenhall hall airshow theme from the early 90’s (very loosely).

1:144 raf

• Like 4

On 21/06/2020 at 09:04, tim d said:

I have the 1/144 GWH victor K2 kit, I am hoping to do it as Teasing Tina, I am trying to do a Mildenhall hall airshow theme from the early 90’s (very loosely).

1:144 raf

👍 remember the gwh Victor K2 has the wrong wingtips, so they need shortening

Thanks Sir, I didn’t realise that! Though with my skills it will probably end up looking like a starfighter! Ha 😂