Thrust2

Here is the finished Thrust2, as much as possible built to represent the look of October 4th 1983 when Richard Noble raised the land speed record to 1020 km/h with a top speed of 1047 km/h, although I'm not perfectly sure about the rear end decals for that date. I have never considered this car very interesting or appealing earlier, but the build of this model and the research has very much changed my mind. The model is built from the FPPM 1/24 scale resin kit, with a few added or modified details and decals. There is a WIP-thread here.

T2_300.jpg

T2_301.jpg

T2_302.jpg

T2_303.jpg

T2_304.jpg

T2_305.jpg

T2_306.jpg

T2_307.jpg

T2_308.jpg

T2_309.jpg

T2_310.jpg

T2_311.jpg

T2_312.jpg

T2_313.jpg

T2_314.jpg

T2_315.jpg

T2_316.jpg

• Like 40
  • Thanks 4

Your usual surgically pure work Jorgen. Just wonderful.

This complaint has NOTHING to do with your work - I wish the prototype was not plastered from stem to stern with signage. Of course I realize the need to display sponsors. But for me it ruins the incredible, blunt shape of brutal power. It is a gigantic sawn-off 12 gauge shotgun on wheels.

You've captured it beautifully. :worthy:

• Thanks 1

This is the first land speed record attempt I even vaguely remember. You've captured it very well, and I love the way it just looks like a jet engine with the barest of bare essentials fitted. It's been great to see your work on getting this together and, as usual with your builds, an excellent end result.

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...